Getting local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mangler88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Nc
I have 3 recievers at my camphouse that i bring from home and the house is far enough away to not have local channels near me so what i was wondering is is there any way for me to get local channels on my recievers here?

Can i get an antenna and get some channels that way or something?

Get an OTA antenna and see what locals are available where the camp is located.
Your receivers will need to have ATSC tuners or the add on AM21 tuner.

I have 2 h24-700s and an h22.

So these need antennas and converters? I don't have a multiswitch they are just hardwired from the dish so should I get an wb68 and hook the antenna into the off air port on it?

Also if I wanted to go as cheap as possible since I have herbs I should just be able to put an antenna onthem (tvs) shouldn't I?

I have 2 h24-700s and an h22.

So these need antennas and converters? I don't have a multiswitch they are just hardwired from the dish so should I get an wb68 and hook the antenna into the off air port on it?

Also if I wanted to go as cheap as possible since I have herbs I should just be able to put an antenna onthem (tvs) shouldn't I?

If you want an integral tuner, then you need the AM21. It connects with the H series equipment and guide. They cost around $60. You would need an off air antenna of some kind. You could use the tuner that is built into your television, assuming it's new enough to have a digital tuner in it. Again, you will need an antenna. It won't interface with the Directv equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)