getting locals from different areas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Stargazer said:
Does the same rule apply for HD locals as it does SD locals?
One exception is NY & LA HD big 4 network channels.
An address may now qualify for NY or LA HD channels, but not the SD channels from those cities, if the address cannot receive grade B OTA digital reception.

Example: Most addresses in Mena, Arkansas now qualify for HD big 4 network channels from New York, but not the SD channels, because they can get their local market (Little Rock DMA) SD channels on satellite, but don't get grade B or better OTA reception of any digital HD channels, and DirecTV doesn't offer the Little Rock HD channels.
jr4al3.gif

Many rural addresses now qualify for HD-DNS on D*. Don't know about E*
http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx

Last edited:
Elchucko said:
Rarely do I add my two cents worth because all it normally accomplishes is to generate a flame from someone waiting to find a reason to let off steam.

But I must contradict some statements made in this thread.

-We do not live in a free country in the US. We live in a democracy. In a democracy the majority rules and asserts its power, opinions, etc on the minority.

-When insufficient numbers of the populace fail to step forward to create a majority opinion, their opinions remain in the minority.

-When people do not vote or votes for a politician based on something other than the credibility of the politician and his/her past record, they are allowing the government to be full of the politicians who are accepting the exorbinant financial backing from corporations, etc who know they will receive "payment" for their political contributions, in the form of favors and laws that do not reflect the good of the majority.

-This is not a communistic society, it is just a democracy, with some freedom of speech . Lawfully, you accept the opinion of the majority, and live by their rules. When you don't like their rules, you use the system to change the rules, not by name calling and whining.

Flame away! You are free to do that in democracy

Well said but there are some idiots that can't see far enough past their remote to grasp the concept and they WILL flame you. Opps - guess I resorted to name calling.:D

SimpleSimon said:
You're also free to do that in the United States of America which is a Constitutional Republic with some democratic institutions.
Our laws have very lttle to do with the "opinion of the majority" - and that is done quite deliberately. Our founding fathers laid out the law of the land in the Constitution. Fortunately, it is NOT subject to the "opinion of the majority".
I agree that the way some of our laws are being interperted today reflect neither the opinion of the majority NOR the Constitution.

However the Constitution CAN be changed, amended, if enough of a majority act (at least in concept) and that was also intended.

The trouble is bringing about good, long-term change requires short term sacrifice and there's just not a lot of that going around today.

arxaw said:
One exception is NY & LA HD big 4 network channels.
An address may now qualify for NY or LA HD channels, but not the SD channels from those cities, if the address cannot receive grade B OTA digital reception.
Example: Most addresses in Mena, Arkansas now qualify for HD big 4 network channels from New York, but not the SD channels, because they can get their local market (Little Rock DMA) SD channels on satellite, but don't get grade B or better OTA reception of any digital HD channels, and DirecTV doesn't offer the Little Rock HD channels.
jr4al3.gif

Many rural addresses now qualify for HD-DNS on D*. Don't know about E*
http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx

Looks good I think. Does this mean that we can't have access to any local DIGITAL channels or local HD channels? The reason I ask is that our locals have pulled a fast one and went digital but it is all in standard definition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts