Getting Married - Combine Accounts

rwjga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Asheville, NC
I am a long time Dish Customer with a leased VIP 622 DVR and an owned SD DVR in a RV. My contract matured years ago. I am marrying a lady who has two 211 HD receivers with 6 months left on her agreement. I called dish and was told there is no way to combine the two accounts. I can cancel my service but that means I have to return the 622. Then I could move her account here but I would be charged for adding a HD DVR and there would be an extra charge for the over the air module as they no longer install 622's which includes this feature. If she cancels her account, she has to pay a penalty and return the 211 receivers which we need when her TV's come here.

Is there anyone other than the CSR route who might let me just move her 211's to my account and assume the remaining time on her account?

Keep her account.. Do a mover and an upgrade to get the receivers you need.. Let go of any of hers you don't need.. Cancel your account.. Dish is not going to let you combine accounts..

Most upgrades are free or at least reasonable...

Last edited:
rwjga,

You would want to cancel your account and do the DISH Mover on her account so she won't have an early cancellation fee. If you upgrade the equipment on her account, it will require a new 24 month commitment. When you cancel your account, you would return the leased equipment to us but, of course, your purchased DVR is yours. You can add it to her account, which adds a monthly receiver fee. This fee applies to leased or purchased receivers. Any unused receivers on her account can be returned to us. If you have any other questions, please PM me and I would be happy to assist you.

To the OP, FYI: OTA modules apply only to the 722K, not the 622. Were you mixing model numbers up?

Keep her account and move it. Cancel your account and add owned DVR to her account, return your leased 622. Now buy a 622/722/722K off ebay or 612 if it will work for your needs. Owned receivers don't require a 24 mo. contract. I've bought used but owned 612 for less than $50. You just have to be a good shopper.

One recommendation.

Remove the 622 from your account and allow for the return box to arrive and be returned before you completely cancel the account, otherwise they will charge you $15 to return the 622.

Return fees are not charged on accounts where one receiver of many is returned, but if you completely cancel you will get the $15 return charge on all leased receivers.

Jim5506 said:
One recommendation.

Remove the 622 from your account and allow for the return box to arrive and be returned before you completely cancel the account, otherwise they will charge you $15 to return the 622.

Return fees are not charged on accounts where one receiver of many is returned, but if you completely cancel you will get the $15 return charge on all leased receivers.

This must be a recent change. I returned a no longer needed receiver 6 months ago was charged $15.00 fee.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)