Getting missing sats on Coolsat Pro 4000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mchomicz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I just upgraded to the latest firmware (COOLSAT4000_120_20050117.stb) hoping that it would bring in some missing sats (like AMC9) but as far as I can tell – the procedure did absolutely nothing. Just like before the upgrade – when I connect to the receiver, the STBTool.exe program reports software version 1.20. I did not lose any channels during the upgrade but I also did not gain missing satellites.

Does this mean that the upgrade did not actually work? STBTool.exe did go through separate steps of sending new firmware, erasing and writing. But I don’t seem to see any results.

Or am I getting this all wrong and the firmware upgrade is not intended for updating satellite lists at all? And now my receiver is “all better” with the new firmware. Except it makes no noticeable difference to me?

Any advice or resources would be appreciated. If answers I’m looking for are spelled out in the manual – please do let me know.

Thank you,
Michael

On mine there are a bunch of empty slots above and below the included sats.

You can also re-name and re-input the transponders for sats you can't see. As an example of this, I re-named Galaxy11C to Galaxy 11Ku and split it off from Nimiq1/3. I also added SBS6 in place of a C-band Sat.

Sometimes you have to manually add transponders. I had to do this with my Pansat 2700 on G-10R, it was missing the transponder with the Virgin Islands CBS and P.R. ABC and WB...

I went to lyngsat, printed out G-10R's entire transponder list, and edited my TP list, changing frequencies slightly when needed and adding TP's. When I finished I did a scan and picked up about 8 more channels.

mch
120 was the original (and still the only factory) software.

Easiest thing to do is if you dont have C-band, rename a satellite. SBS6 is not an option, so I renamed Brazilsat with SBS6 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)