Getting New Service with Welcome Pack

shawreth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hernando, MS
I have a friend who is looking for new service with Dish. They want to get the Welcome Pack with a HD DVR. What would the set up costs be in order to get a 622,722, or 722k with Welcome Pack? I would assume that they would not get some of the free installation perks.

I currently have Welcome Pack with a 722k, but I downgraded from a high package. They love the $26.99 base price (so do I!).

Thank in advance for any and all who help.

I'm betting minimum $200 for the 722k but they might do $100 for such an old DVR and the possibility of gaining another subscriber.

I have steadily downgraded my programming package over the years. I had been on AEP for a number of years up until 2006. Now I'm on the Welcome Pack with a 722 and backup 211 which I barely even use. LOL Thought of sending it back a number of times, but my 722 would probably die as soon as I did that.

Welcome Pack can only be done by calling Dish or chatting on-line, so have them do that. You can ask a DIRT member to see if you both qualify for the referral discount. Might have to sign up for Smart Pack though. ???

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much of that is correct, of course a DIRT member can give the best answer. You do have to call or use a DIRT member to get the welcome package, at one time you had to get a higher package. If you are signing up for two years I don't see why there would be any money for the receiver, it would be no different than signing for two years for other packages. What you don't get is any of the discounts, etc... I also do not know how the install cost is handled, if at all differently.

I'm not sure how much of that is correct, of course a DIRT member can give the best answer. You do have to call or use a DIRT member to get the welcome package, at one time you had to get a higher package. If you are signing up for two years I don't see why there would be any money for the receiver, it would be no different than signing for two years for other packages. What you don't get is any of the discounts, etc... I also do not know how the install cost is handled, if at all differently.

Very true. I just said $200 since, when Dish was switching from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4, as an existing customer on AEP, I had to pony up $200 for the ViP 722 AND reset the terms to a two year lease. :(

You might be better off using a 211k and adding an ota antenna & external hard drive & paying the one time charge of $40.00 to turn it into a dvr. Then you have NO dvr fees ever using the 211k . You can still record one sat and one ota station at a time. Since you are only on the welcome pack , it would really keep your monthly bills down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)