getting OTA local without dish?

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi,

I'm sure I saw somebody asking the same question here before but I couldn't find the post, so I apologize for the repetition. When I'm done with my year contract with dish and decide to cancel it (so many reasons for it...) will I still be able to use the 811 to obtain my OTA with a regular antenna? I thought somebody mentioned here that this is possible as long as the receiver is connected to a dish pointed at the satellite? Is that correct? and if so, would it have to be pointed ALL the time? I was thinking about taking the receiver to my boat.

Thanks,

Francisco

I don't know the answer but I saw that same thread a few days ago and I believe that you would have to receive a sat signal in order to use the OTA signals

As long as your 811 is connected to your dish and the dish is pointed properly, you should be able to receive your OTA channels. If the 811 doesn't receive a satellite signal, the OTA will not be enabled.

The receiver will allow OTA all the time it is aimed at a Dish satellite. If you don't have a dish aimed properly on your boat, that isn't going to work.

LIL Receivers are good

How does 921 handle OTA HD feeds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)