Getting power to OTA antenna

Your antenna should say on it somewhere on it, amplified or have nothing on it at all. Square shooter says it on the front. Disconnect the diplexer its not needed unless your combining signal from satellite source and antenna. If you have more than 2 recievers they would have had to install an amp or your antenna wouldnt have worked because the switch does not pass power.... thats where the power supply came in, before the switch. if not it is easlily purchased online from a wingard dealer PS-9370 POWER SUPPLY (117 VAC IN/18 VAC OUT) about $21.00. There where only 2 antenna models that should have been being installed the sensar the skinny limo looking one, non-amplified and amped or the square shooter amped and non. Amplified antenna needs power to workps-9370 works for both.
hope that helps

Amazingcomm said:
Your antenna should say on it somewhere on it, amplified or have nothing on it at all. Square shooter says it on the front. Disconnect the diplexer its not needed unless your combining signal from satellite source and antenna. If you have more than 2 recievers they would have had to install an amp or your antenna wouldnt have worked because the switch does not pass power.... thats where the power supply came in, before the switch. if not it is easlily purchased online from a wingard dealer PS-9370 POWER SUPPLY (117 VAC IN/18 VAC OUT) about $21.00. There where only 2 antenna models that should have been being installed the sensar the skinny limo looking one, non-amplified and amped or the square shooter amped and non. Amplified antenna needs power to workps-9370 works for both.
hope that helps
Thanks. But did you read the entire thread?

Impatient said:
I have not measured the output of the amp. I will take a multimeter home from work and check it tomorrow. I was quoting the specs from the Winegard website.
Ok. I put my PS-9370 on the multimeter. Yes, it is 18 VAC coming out of it. And it works when connected straight to the antenna without a dipexor or switch involved.

Impatient said:
Ok. I put my PS-9370 on the multimeter. Yes, it is 18 VAC coming out of it. And it works when connected straight to the antenna without a dipexor or switch involved.
Thanks for the test,
I have ordered a 18 VDC PS, will try with that. Still don't understand how an AMP could work with Input AC AND Input DC depending on different situation :confused: :what

Is it necesarry to place a grounding block in the line between the TV and the Antenna if using the PS-9370???

Impatient said:
I didn't realize that PS-9370 was an AC power supply! If that's the case, it may not work through diplexers, etc. It has to be connected straight to the antenna!

smodak said:
Still don't understand how an AMP could work with Input AC AND Input DC depending on different situation :confused: :what
Sensar II has a voltage regulator and rectifying diode, so it can work with voltages between 12 and 18 volts AC or DC, so it can be powered either with a power-passing or voltage-regulated diplexer OR a PS-9370.

Going to Dish - Need Help

Voom installed the 'upgraded' antenna on my system. It's a Winegard Squareshooter. I ordered Dish and the HD DVR 942 receiver. They will be installing a 2nd dish "for my locals" on the 61.5 location. I am wondering what I will need to get the OTA locals into the mix.

smodak said:
Thanks for the test,
I have ordered a 18 VDC PS, will try with that. Still don't understand how an AMP could work with Input AC AND Input DC depending on different situation :confused: :what
Hoorrrray! This cheapo ($9.99 ) PS works like a charm!
http://www.smarthome.com/images/7747big.jpg
http://www.smarthome.com/7749.html
I am getting more than 98% on all channels. Couple of them I never picked before with the Voom Box.
Thanks to all of you for answering.
So, for direct antenna to PS, you can use a AC power source like the 9370 and for a diplexer install like mine, you have to use a DC power supply. I am pretty sure, it would work for direct connection too.

edit: Its actually a 15 VDC PS and not 18 VDC as written in the site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)