Setting Up OTA with Old Voom Satellite/Antenna

Hoopnoop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
I am a former Voomer who still has the old voom satellite and antenna connected. I no longer have the Voom receiver. I recently tried to add Dish but could not because of line of sight issues.

Now, I would like to simply get OTA channels through the Voom setup that I have. I basically have one combined line coming down from my antenna and satellite that used to feed the diplexer on my Voom receiver. My question is: can I simply connect a RG6 calbe to this line and run it to an HD receiver? Or, do I have to go up to the roof (very high) and run a separate line from only the antenna to the receiver? Also, would it make the most sense to use use a used Voom receiver form Ebay (assuming that it can still get OTA) or can I instead use another HD receiver (I'm looking at a Samsung T451)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I think any hd receiever will work to your ant. set up for OTA only. I have three active voom receivers only need one they all work perfict for OTA . I have 45.00 in each, need one?

Hey ddolds!

Since mine was set up for a diplexor and I'm not inclined to go up to the rough and separate out the antenna line I believe I need to get a Voom box with a diplexor on the back. This is the attachment on the back that essentially combines the antenna and sat connections into one connection.

There is a picture of this in the section describing the Voom stb.

thanks

rob

re voom box

I have the duplexor and remote ,this voom box is active and will scan for cannels email me hotmail com or on ebay at ddolds .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)