Getting promo when trying to cancel premium movie packages

tobsandmags

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
I know this was talked about a fair amount a few months ago, but wanted to check in on what the latest is.

1) Has anyone lately gotten a 1/2 half promo for a premium movie package when they’ve tried to cancel online? Or, have they removed all of them?

2) Does Dish charge you a fee if you cancel and then add the programming back onto your account within the next day or two?

3) I don’t recall where Dish inserted the promo. First you select “view proposed changes” and the you need to select “continue/undo”. Wasn’t it between those 2 steps? Is there one more confirmation step before the change is made?

Thx...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dropped STARZ at end of 6mo half off.as soon as it terminated Starz was in my offers, same deal. This was just a few weeks ago. Dropping HBO on 9/20. Interested to see how that turns out.

Reactions: TheKrell
My six month half price movie channels special expired recently and I phoned so see if the offer could be extended. The answer was simple...no. I cancelled. The day after cancellation was effective I checked online to be sure hey had been eliminated and guess what...yep, half price movies that had been refused were offered online.

When a promo ends, if you do nothing, you will continue with uninterrupted service at the full retail rate. However, the 30 day clock will reset. If you cancel, or accept a new promo offer during that thirty days, you will be charged the $5 downgrade fee. I've found that out the hard way a couple of times, resulting in fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)