getting ready for 211 ?

The 411 was supposed to be released next week, however I got a note in my box from a contact sying it has been delayed until Mid December.

I would not be surprised if the 411 was never released and only the 211 was put out instead.

I really wish they'd just release it. I need to get an HD receiver and I hardly want to go out, buy an 811 then need to replace it with a 211 in a couple months.

As of this moment, there is no model # on the linked page. Click on "download product brochure" and it displays the 811 brochure. It's been posted elsewhere that the 811 is discontinued as of 12/15/05.

navychop said:
As of this moment, there is no model # on the linked page. Click on "download product brochure" and it displays the 811 brochure. It's been posted elsewhere that the 811 is discontinued as of 12/15/05.

all DNS work orders after 11/19/05 say HD RECEIVER. dns letter sent out says that 811/411/vip211 can be used until 12/15/05. on 12/15/05 the 411/vip211 can be used for this type work order. all RSP and DNS office are to use up all remaining 811 receivers and all orders placed with an Echostar Distributor after 11/19/05 will be filled as 411/vip211 receivers. after 12/15/05 811 are to be used for replacement. reman 411 and vip211 receivers are to be issued when they become available. the web site looks to be updated to reflect this change.

I'm just hoping that any broken leased 811's (mine has quite a few issues, just hitting the buttons too fast cause the box to lockup and reboot = quite a PAIN, hit sat, then OTA, then sat, then guide fast on mine, bam it goes out etc!)

will be replaced w/ the 211 after the 15th!

One thing Dish could do as they swap out 411s/211s for 811s is to take the swapped out 811s and use them to replace non-8PSK compatible receivers. This would reduce Dish's cost in their overall conversion from QPSK to 8PSK. Since Dish will eventually want to switch all HD over to MPEG-4, they may want to develop a new software version that disables the HD satellite tuner and perhaps the OTA HD and SD tuners in these swapped out 811s. Now this new software version would only affect the specific swapped out 811 receivers and Dish has the ability to do this as has been demonstrated when they roll out new software versions. The reason Dish would "cripple" these swapped out 811s is to start reducing the number of active non-MPEG-4 HD receivers thus limiting future costs in the conversion of all HD to MPEG-4. It would also probably make these "crippled" 811s more stable, similar to the 311 receivers. Dish may also want to remark these "crippled" 811s to another model number to avoid subscriber/customer service center confusion.

I'm new to hdtv.A few weeks ago I put in an order with sbc/dish for the 811 not knowing if the 411/211 were coming anytime soon.If they are going to put the new reciever out in the middle of December should I cancel my order until later?I really want the better reciever and not something that will be obsolete soon.But if these are just rumors? I want to go through with my install apointment.I have been an sbc/dish customer for over a year.I was told I could not lease anything better then an 811.

Nitehawk

personaly i would cancle it, i allready was installed way before i herd about the 942. and now when i call in try and get it, i get told no, my options are send back one of my recievers and wait 2 weeks and then try to get the 942 (since it takes that long to process the return and thus have an available slot) or to buy the 942 outright at a retailer, and im sorry im not spending 699.99 for it when i'll still be chaged 5.00 on top of my programming as an "access" fee, gee funny its the same price for an 2nd, 3rd or 4th box being leased too!

Nitehawk said:
I'm new to hdtv.A few weeks ago I put in an order with sbc/dish for the 811 not knowing if the 411/211 were coming anytime soon.If they are going to put the new reciever out in the middle of December should I cancel my order until later?I really want the better reciever and not something that will be obsolete soon.But if these are just rumors? I want to go through with my install apointment.I have been an sbc/dish customer for over a year.I was told I could not lease anything better then an 811.

Nitehawk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts