Getting ready to move soon.

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I am getting ready to move soon, and I noticed an issue with the new place. There are a lot of trees, mostly to the south of the house, and in looking at it I am pretty sure that I will not be able to get a signal from all three satellites. This really sucks, but the house we are moving into, we could not pass on just because of satellite, I have been with Dish for I think 9 years now. Was thinking about upgrading to a couple hoppers when we move, and I am really not sure if I am under contract now or not, can't remember when i did my last upgrade.

Since you don't display where you live, we don't know if you are on WA or EA. Are the trees obscuring view to both SW and SE?

Our market is WA, locals are on 129 if I remember right.

I am going to see what it would cost to upgrade and just have them come out and see if we can get a signal. maybe we can with just knocking down a couple small trees.

You can do your own site survey using info from http://www.dishpointer.com. You'll need line of site to 110, 119 and 129 for western arc.

If you can't see all three orbitals from the same location, multiple dishes shooting through the same hole might get the job done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)