Getting rid of dish network

I'll be ditching Dish in November unless they really improve their HD lineup a lot and start leasing their HD-DVR's for a monthly fee WITHOUT the ridiculous $250 up front. I'll either go to Voom or D*. Hopefully Voom will still be around by then and have a DVR, otherwise it's D*. After seeing how much nicer my parent's Directivo's are than my 522 is November won't come soon enough. The best thing is I can actually hack the Directivo. Try that with Dish's crap.

I also left dish...dissappointed about it!

Roughly two weeks ago I terrminated dish. I have been a loyal customer for five years. My whole house was conected. I left them simply because thier
customer service was ATROCIOUS! Anytime I had a billing issue with them it was a fight. I recently bought the 921 reciever from them that was offered as a promotion. The unit was flawed..too many bugs. When I called them about it they gave me the run around. I finally gave up and returned it. Three weeks latter they said they never recieved it.. Ok, here we go again.
Finally, after a bunch of calls and a major mix up on their side they found the unit.
Im sorry about leaving them because I truely liked their basic dvr system.
However they simply did not care about my bussiness. I was paying them 140 a month....
So, I went back to direct. Customer service was great!! Tivo outstanding.
But I miss dish..Solid quipment but horrible people.

Maybe someday I will return..not now though...
Funny when i went to the UPS store the manager showed me five dish hd recievers enroute to be returned...

Im not pushing direct..Just wish Dish would treat people better...They dont get it! :(

timbuckone said:
I have finally decided to get rid of dish network. The reason is their picture quality is getting worse and I am tired of scanning so many channels that I have no interest in and their idea of adding new channels is adding bingo tv , a polish channel, german channels and others that very few people have an interest for. I am in love with High definition picture quality and converted to Voom which has a simple channel lineup that is back to the simple channel package and has a picture and sound quality that is unbelievable. I wish more people would experience what they are missing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts