Getting rid of land line

gjcavana

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
We are considering getting rid of our land line and using our cell phones exclusively. Right now I have both dish Boxes connected to the phone line and one is also connected to the Internet via my router. I believe that dish would then charge me an extra $5 if i do this, correct ? What else would it effect? Would the guide still update? How about PPV? Would i need to tell Dish I am doing this or change any configurations? In general, what would change?

I think he means can he order PPV, and I have no idea what the answer is. Some of the stuff that you can do from the interactive channels over the phone line can't be done over the internet, for no adequately explained reason.

Buy a magic jack :up

I just got a sweet sprint deal on my 2 lines of service and I'm dropping AT&T's home service.

I've been playing with a magic jack for 3 months to make sure I could live with it, and I've had no issues... once I drop AT&T I'll run the magic jack signal through the house. (and hopefully it'll play nice with my dish boxes)

So after reading Scott's posts on the dealer chat it sounds like my bill would go up the $5 anyway with the elimination phone line credit. However I will have to pay a fee if I order PPV or VOD with no phone line. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is actually no financial reason to have a phone line now if you don't order any PPV or VOD, right? And no services are driven from the phone line?

No it looks like the phone fee is going away seperatly

but it is hidden into the receiver fee instead because dou receivers costs $5 more than solo and you can't get a discount for plugging in is what they mean

Dish HD ppv is so high, I have never ordered one. You can almost pay a month of netflix with on dish ppv.

HD PPVs cost more than SD PPVs?? Really? That's messed up. Truly. I don't order many PPVs (maybe 2 or 3 a year) now because we have Netflix so I seriously doubt I'll spend more for an HD version.

so if i activate (2)322 receivers without phone lines i will not get charged 5 dollars each per receiver. So how much will my fee b for adding 2 322 receivers to my account

so if i activate (2)322 receivers without phone lines i will not get charged 5 dollars each per receiver. So how much will my fee b for adding 2 322 receivers to my account

For each 322 receiver , after your main primary receiver ,will cost you $14.00 EACH in equipment fees, or $28.00 for two 322 duo receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)