Getting rid of my 1.2m Prodelin dish and stand FREE!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
I am getting rid of my 1.2 m Prodelin dish and stand. I moved and no longer have a good spot to put. Before moving, I was only using it to get Univision on C-band, but the signal was strong enough only part of the day.

I doubt that there will be any FTA'r close enough (South eastern Manitoba) to pick it up, so I might just have to call the scrap guy, but if anyone is interested, it's FREE, all you have to do is get it.

I first mentioned this dish way back: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...ble-minibud-need-advise-from-the-wise.188924/

muzakdish2-jpg.42560

I am getting rid of my 1.2 m Prodelin
Nice dish! And very attractive price ;)
But why do you call it Prodelin? I have exactly the same dish and it is labeled Echostar. Working area 1214 x 1348 mm and offset angle 22,7*
IMG_20150205_182328 (Large).jpg

Member Cham is near Morris Manitoba. I'm about 150 Km (~100 miles) south of that.
Think Echostar is a rebranded Prodelin, Many were BITD. Even BUDS.

Reactions: RimaNTSS
That's an awfully long road... but the chilled brew...
Sure sounds good on an 85F afternoon...
:)

I can p/u if you need to get rid of it, would be a waste to scrap it!
Check your messages...
-C.
p/m function seems broken, try email ve4gls@yahoo.ca with your contact info. Might be able to drop by tomorrow.

Sorry, just got to check the thread now. I sent you an email, please get back to me as soon as possible. :)

Nice dish! And very attractive price ;)
But why do you call it Prodelin? I have exactly the same dish and it is labeled Echostar. Working area 1214 x 1348 mm and offset angle 22,7*
View attachment 107019

When I first got it, I got a lot of responses from the forum members here and did aditional research and found out it was a Prodelin, but I don't remember anymore what pointed me to that conclusion.

When I first got it, I got a lot of responses from the forum members here and did aditional research and found out it was a Prodelin, but I don't remember anymore what pointed me to that conclusion.

I just looked and some info I saved about it on my hard drive and found that it is a Prodelin 1130 series. Googling that I learned that Prodelin is now called "General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies".

Reactions: RimaNTSS
I now have a very nice 1.2m dish in my posession, many thanks to Ftamart! Had a nice visit with him, am glad the timing worked out and he was home while I was out that way.
It's still on the truck, been too busy here to unload it yet. Might have some time over the next couple of days as rain is in the forcast and I can take a bit of a break from work.
-C.

Set up the dish today on 103W, works great. Used one of Brian's PLL LNBFs I had kicking around. Just used a tie-strap to hold the LNBF in the original LNB holder. Might put the original LNB & feed horn back eventually but would be nice to have both polarities.

Had some trouble though getting a signal at the receiver though. Used an Ecoda 22KHz switch to split off port 4 of the diseqc switch so I could use one cable between the 120cm and 90cm dishes located right next to each other. Could not get ANY S2 signals through the 22KHz switch, even tried another one I thought was working. Can get the beach cams on 103 but not the horizontal polarity off-skew S2 signals I was looking for. Sat finder shows an excellent signal, and I get 75%+ on the uHD on these signals when going direct from the diseqc to the LNBF... but no S2 signal when the 22KHz is added between. Also by-passed the diseqc switch to see if it had an affect, no noticeable difference, no S2 signals. Even tried switching the ports around on the 22KHz switch, no difference there either, 97w works either way but there are no S2 TPs (that I have in my list for that sat).
Has anyone else experienced this sort of issue with 22KHz switches?

I use another one on my big dish to separate the C and Ku LNBs, I checked it again and it works fine on 103 using the Azbox. Too dark now but might try swapping that switch to the 120cm/90cm dish wiring and see what happens in the am...

I should add, I compared the GeosatPro SP1PLL to the factory feedhorn/Norsat 7000 LNB combo and found a gain of about 10%Q on the horizontal feeds on AMC-1 using the LNBF. I was somewhat suprised... expected a matched feedhorn would perform better. Says a lot about the new PLL LNBFs too!
-C.

Reactions: FaT Air
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)