Getting run around with hopper 3/joey.

Riker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I've been with dish since 1998.
Spent thousands of dollars on equipment and service.
Two years ago I needed another hopper as three tuners did not make it so I was told, with my contract up, that I could add another hopper and they would show 6 tuners and like one big unit. They added this to my account that had a joey and hopper in my RV. So I signed up for another two years. So now I had a joey and hopper in my RV that I bought and two hoppers at home. I've had nothing but issues with the two hoppers; 3 tech in 90 days several shipped replacements etc. I've posted the videos I believe showing the audio sync issues and folder sort problems.
Last december I was told after the third tech came, from their executive retention team that, a new hopper was coming out and it will fix my problems; fully knowing what I had on my account.
So I signed up for the wait list here and when I got notice I called and have gotten nothing but the run around. They wont add it because I have a hopper and joey on my account. I've talked to four people at the office of pres. dept no one calls me back. Worse is they are telling me that the joey and hopper that I bought are leased, yet they can't give me any docs showing this and are saying since they have a fix now for the audio problem (hopper 3) I am not allowed out of my contract that is up in July.
They'll sell me something new to go in RV, yet I spent a fortune having the original install custom done at the RV place and is working fine; no issues and they are mine.
All I want is to swap out two hoppers for Hopper 3 and Joey; keeping the hopper and joey in the rv.
or not get this run around and let me out.
Sorry end of rant.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
D

I've been with dish since 1998.
Spent thousands of dollars on equipment and service.
Two years ago I needed another hopper as three tuners did not make it so I was told, with my contract up, that I could add another hopper and they would show 6 tuners and like one big unit. They added this to my account that had a joey and hopper in my RV. So I signed up for another two years. So now I had a joey and hopper in my RV that I bought and two hoppers at home. I've had nothing but issues with the two hoppers; 3 tech in 90 days several shipped replacements etc. I've posted the videos I believe showing the audio sync issues and folder sort problems.
Last december I was told after the third tech came, from their executive retention team that, a new hopper was coming out and it will fix my problems; fully knowing what I had on my account.
So I signed up for the wait list here and when I got notice I called and have gotten nothing but the run around. They wont add it because I have a hopper and joey on my account. I've talked to four people at the office of pres. dept no one calls me back. Worse is they are telling me that the joey and hopper that I bought are leased, yet they can't give me any docs showing this and are saying since they have a fix now for the audio problem (hopper 3) I am not allowed out of my contract that is up in July.
They'll sell me something new to go in RV, yet I spent a fortune having the original install custom done at the RV place and is working fine; no issues and they are mine.
All I want is to swap out two hoppers for Hopper 3 and Joey; keeping the hopper and joey in the rv.
or not get this run around and let me out.
Sorry end of rant.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
D
Not sure what that's all about - I think that everyone here that has the new Hopper 3 also has 1 or more Joeys - pretty much standard.

I've been with dish since 1998......Any help would be great.
Thanks
D

I would suggest contacting DIRT to see if they can help you. The issue is that you have two hoppers now, which is ok, but when you order the Hopper 3 in their system you cannot have another hopper. Explain to DIRT about the RV setup. They may be able to help sort this out.

Reactions: KAB
You will not be able to keep the Hopper for the RV on your account if you upgrade to the Hopper 3, just no way around it. You would have to switch to a purchased 211 receiver for your RV in order to have the Hopper 3.

For what it's worth, when I installed my hopper 3, purchased from a retailer, I had to ask them to deactivate my HWS because they were going to leave it on my account. So maybe if you buy from a retailer, self install and activate, possibly they can leave the RV alone? Don't know if it'll work, just thinking it may

I would suggest contacting DIRT to see if they can help you. The issue is that you have two hoppers now, which is ok, but when you order the Hopper 3 in their system you cannot have another hopper. Explain to DIRT about the RV setup. They may be able to help sort this out.
How do you contact the DIRT team?

"Not sure what that's all about - I think that everyone here that has the new Hopper 3 also has 1 or more Joeys - pretty much standard."
I want a joey and hopper 3 at my home and leave the Hopper (original) and joey alone in the RV that works fine.

Thanks for any and all help.
Don

Go to the front page of the site. Look for helpers on line, mine show in a column on the right. Look for any red listing. Those will be dirt. Start a conversation with any of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)