Getting satellite/DirecTV for the first time, question about install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brent88

Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Eastern Alabama
OK, we're moving into a new house and I'm finally ditching cable for DirecTV(after years of looking and wanting to, and never doing it). Anyway, the house has a brand new metal roof and I'm almost certain I'm gonna need a pole mount(based on what I read here and elsewhere), I'm just wondering if the installer will have this on the initial install(I left a note when I set up the appointment for Sunday afternoon about it through DirecTV's website), and how much it will cost(I know the standard installation is free, but how much is the pole mount? and any extra costs resulting from it?). I just want to be prepared when they come out and let this be as smooth as possible. Thanks in advance for any answers.

OK, we're moving into a new house and I'm finally ditching cable for DirecTV(after years of looking and wanting to, and never doing it). Anyway, the house has a brand new metal roof and I'm almost certain I'm gonna need a pole mount(based on what I read here and elsewhere), I'm just wondering if the installer will have this on the initial install(I left a note when I set up the appointment for Sunday afternoon about it through DirecTV's website), and how much it will cost(I know the standard installation is free, but how much is the pole mount? and any extra costs resulting from it?). I just want to be prepared when they come out and let this be as smooth as possible. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Here in Kansas City, we charge $75 but I hear other areas from $50.. Safe assumption would be $50-$75 anything above $75 I would begin to question why..

They are free here if there is not another option to mount. For instance, if the customer has a metal roof or no LOS anyplace else. If there are other places to mount it but the customer request a pole regardless then we charge 65.00

Directv gave my uncle a free pole mount install. He has a brand new built house and did not want to drill holes in the roof or siding. The installer worked directly for Dtv. I don't think he was a contractor if that makes a difference

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)