Getting TV/Video Input button to work with my TV?

foxracing

Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
I have a DISH remote for a DVR and I cant figure out how to program the TV/VIdeo Input button to actually work with my TV. The remote is programmed to my TV because it will turn it off but is there any other further programming I can do? Thanks.

I have a DISH remote for a DVR and I cant figure out how to program the TV/VIdeo Input button to actually work with my TV. The remote is programmed to my TV because it will turn it off but is there any other further programming I can do? Thanks.
Some brands have more limited compatabilty with Dish remotes..
I have noticed this recently when a cust has a new tv they have purchased shortly before the install date....
In my experience if I get the Dish remote to raise and lower volume and power up/down the tv, the rest(ability to change tv input seting) is bonus coverage..

Well its an Emerson TV a flat model but not an LCD it is just over 20" I would guess. Well I need to find a remote to control so I can get it to Video modes to play games. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

try some different codes for an emerson, some of the others may have more functions enabled.

Even try scanning for codes, one not listed for your TV may work

please just use code "733" it is the only one i have found that will work for input on Emerson TVs that i have found and this is for all future lookers i have Emerson CRT 20" TV and i am using the original dish black remote to use it and all buttons work for Emerson using code "733" the post above does not include this code so i am posting it in hopes that every one who has this problem will get it solved i am a licensed satellite installer and idk why any one would only want the remote to control power and vol i want it to control all so that's how i set them up. hope it solves your issue.

please just use code "733" it is the only one i have found that will work for input on Emerson TVs that i have found and this is for all future lookers i have Emerson CRT 20" TV and i am using the original dish black remote to use it and all buttons work for Emerson using code "733" the post above does not include this code so i am posting it in hopes that every one who has this problem will get it solved i am a licensed satellite installer and idk why any one would only want the remote to control power and vol i want it to control all so that's how i set them up. hope it solves your issue.

You realize you just responded to a thread that is over 7 years old right?

You realize you just responded to a thread that is over 7 years old right?

I'm surprised it was even possible. I couldn't post in a thread I started only about a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys