Getting X1 installed in a few days!

I'm being told that the work around for pausing live TV on the "client" boxes is to simply trigger the record which then has the main DVR recording it and you can pause, rewind, fast forward and all of that good stuff. I am still thinking of getting a second X1 DVR installed thus giving me 10 total tuners (I have 7 now with Directv with a HR44 and HR24 so better safe than sorry) and not having to do the "work around" in the entertainment room and rather just in the master bedroom seeing that there is not a ton of pausing in that room... Anyone have experience with two X1 DVR boxes?

Hi
I just got an offer from Xfinity for double play at $99.99 a month for a 2 year agreement and I have Dishnetwork now at $110 a month , plus $65 a month for Comcast cable.
Right now I have 2 Hoppers and 1 joey and was wondering if the X1 dvr is an okay dvr or should I splurge and get a Roamio plus with 2 minis.
On paper even if I buy the Roamio I save money.

I switched from Dish to Comcast. I didn't have a hopper before I switched though, I had a 722. I really like to X1. It takes a little getting used to after have 622/722 for 10+ years. 4 tuners plus a 5th live is nice. The ondemand also means you don't have to record a lot of shows if you can wait until the next day. Also, reprogram the skip button on the remote to make it skip 30 seconds as opposed to 5 minutes. That is a must.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)