Ghostbusters Video Game

I recently finished the Wii version of the game. I found it to be quite fun and enjoyable. Most of what the other reviewers have said about it holds up (Bill Murray sucks, graphics are lacking, Wii Remote system is fun but not a major difference from 360/PS3 versions.) I noticed a few other things as well:

The subtitles and dialog don't always match up. I don't mean like a DVD/BD subtitle thing where sometimes the subtitles are a condensed version of the dialog being spoken, but rather instead its the opposite where sometimes the text has more stuff in it than the Dialog. A few examples that caught my eye was when they were talking about a radio and the dialog said "On the Radio" while the subtitles said, "On 1010 WINS." I saw a few things where "stage directions" were put in the subtitles like "Looks around confused." Also, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but it seemed like the dialog and subtitles would use the terms "East River" and "Hudson River" interchangeably, but from what I've read, the two aren't the same body of water.

The game is very buggy. There were at least 3 times where the game got me "stuck" and I had to reset the game and play the whole area again. And two of those resets happened late in boss battles.

Egon's voice sounds off in the game. I may be biased and more "informed" since I watched the original movie again about 2 days before playing the game, but Harold Ramis seemed to have more bass and monotone in his voice in the movie than in the game. In the game it seems almost sped up, like it was a younger version of his voice. I would have preferred the emotion lacking, monotone Egon in the game, but its a small complaint.

If for some reason the only system you own is a Wii and you're a fan of the movies then you owe it to yourself to try out Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Granted its a short ride and there isn't much replayability without multiplayer and very few unlockables, but its fun while it lasts. Definitely worth a rental.

The bugs are in the 360 version too. One of the bugs is the game can end up being harder in certain areas than it is supposed to be even on the easiest level.

The bugs are in the 360 version too. One of the bugs is the game can end up being harder in certain areas than it is supposed to be even on the easiest level.
I certainly didn't run into those bugs in the Wii version. I played on the medium difficulty and pretty much breezed through. I only "died" once I think. The bugs were more dangerous than any ghosts I ran into.

I have the game in PS3 and although everybody is saying that the 360 version is better. I haven't had any problem and the graphics are awesome, great color and great sound.
This is one of the games that I wanted for several years and there was no disappointment.
Great game.

Zero Punctuation has weighed in. Not surprisingly, he's not impressed:
[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/811-Ghostbusters-The-Video-Game"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Ghostbusters: The Video Game@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/811-99a10970de0af0df5025846b3f83304a.js@@AMEPARAM@@811@@AMEPARAM@@99a10970de0af0df5025846b3f83304a[/ame]

Tried the demo, played it about 10 minutes and then deleted it and went on to something else. Marginally impressed but not something I would but any good $ down on.

InFamous

1vs100 for xbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)