GI 2000PS info needed!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brewers2150

Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Hello,
I need info on the General Instruments 2000PS. Either a schematic or at least a pin out for the 6 pin connector.

Thanks,
Stan

My GI2000PS (With actuator and dish) is being retired from Satellite duty, and will be acting as a solar oven. The dish will be coated with mylar, and the mount will be adjusted to track the sun. I need the pin outs of the DIN connector to connect to my tracking system.
Thanks for pointing me to the owners manual, but unless I missed it, I didn't see the DIN Pin Outs. Looking from the inside of the Power Supply, it appears that 3 wires plus ground are used. Looking at the 5 pin DIN from the back (outside) of the box, and starting on the left I see EAST, WEST, PULSE, N.C., N.C. and Ground to the bottom connector. (N.C. = No Connection)
My question is what kind of signal goes to these 3 pins to make it work?
For example, I don't want to apply +12 DC to East, just to see smoke come out of the unit because it was expecting +5 VDC.
Any body know what the signails going into the 5 Pin DIN should look like?
Thanks,
Stan

stan there is a book in the manual section

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-manuals/92542-gi-2000-antenna-positioner-power-supply.html

are you looking for the pin out for the DIN cable that connects from the power supply to the gi 2400/2410/2500/2510 ??

<snip>

Looking at the 5 pin DIN from the back (outside) of the box, and starting on the left I see EAST, WEST, PULSE, N.C., N.C. and Ground to the bottom connector. (N.C. = No Connection)
My question is what kind of signal goes to these 3 pins to make it work?
For example, I don't want to apply +12 DC to East, just to see smoke come out of the unit because it was expecting +5 VDC.
Any body know what the signails going into the 5 Pin DIN should look like?
Thanks,
Stan

IIRC, you just short either east or west to ground to make the dish move. You could probably build a little switchbox fairly easily.

IIRC, you just short either east or west to ground to make the dish move. You could probably build a little switchbox fairly easily.
Cool! Thanks for the info. Dumb question time....what's the pulse for?
Stan

Status
Please reply by conversation.