Give me One good reason NOT to go to Roku?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Hi all.

I am wondering if there is any reason why I shouldn't dump all the premium channels and most of the programming from Dish and get me a Roku Box?
Roku Netflix Player | Watch Netflix Ready Devices Instantly on your TV

On the surface it seems like an unbeatable deal. I was at a friends house who has a Roku and it peaked my interest. The PQ on a live HD stream was fair, but comparable to Dish's lower res HD feeds.

Anyone know of any drawbacks I could be missing?

I have a 7MB/S internet connection so that is not a problem.

Hi all.

I am wondering if there is any reason why I shouldn't dump all the premium channels and most of the programming from Dish and get me a Roku Box?
Roku Netflix Player | Watch Netflix Ready Devices Instantly on your TV

On the surface it seems like an unbeatable deal. I was at a friends house who has a Roku and it peaked my interest. The PQ on a live HD stream was fair, but comparable to Dish's lower res HD feeds.

Anyone know of any drawbacks I could be missing?

I have a 7MB/S internet connection so that is not a problem.

I'd go with popbox, it will stream files from your PC, has internet apps. Doesn't have netflix yet but might in the future. If you have a Xbox or Ps3 you can stream Netflix from there.

Features | Popbox | Big Screen Everything

I ordered one from WOOT today from the middle of the ocean. :)

I think I was the last one to get one as after I ordered it changed to SOLD OUT. :)

Imagine that, Scott is shopping on the web even while sailing on vacation. Scott, You're an addict! :D

If I couldnt do all of that with my existing equipment I would get one. Nice to have it all in one place.

Right now I use the xbox and PS3, plus Vudu and PlayOn.

I might recommend one for my daughter who wants to dump D* But for me, I already have two Netflix receivers here- PS3 and XBOX360. Both work fine. Roku would be redundant. Just signed up for the Netflix and I'm still exploring.

I won't be dumping DishNetwork anytime soon as there are still a bunch of channels the Roku system doesn't get. It is great for dumping your movie channels and saving those monthly charges, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.