Giving blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
My how time flies. Appointment for my next siphoning is this saturday. The Red Cross called to confirm and at the end of the conversation she said something like "Thanks for being a true American hero".

Don't know about you, but thats a bit over the top for just giving blood in my opinion. ;)

I work at a steel mill and out local medical foundation comes out once every few months to collect. I am somewhere between 3 and 4 gallons donated. I have never had a bad draw, but the worse thing I did once was try and cut the grass afterwards, like the O.P. I just felt kinda faint, so I shut the lawnmower off (leaving it outside), went inside, got something to drink, and laid down. I was fine after that.

The 50 questions they ask before they accept your blood keep getting pickier and pickier. I had to skip a year after my trip to Dubai, even though I was there for a week and I probably had a lower health risk there than if I had gone to Miami, but the Middle East is the Middle East as far as the questions went. I had to skip our last blood drive due to the flu/cold bug going around.

My neighbor has donated over 16 gallons! You think about 3-4 donations a year, and 8 pints to the gallon; he's been at it for over 40 years! :up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)