Glorystar and Skyvision?

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
These two services require different receivers (DSR410 for Skyvision and a standard KU FTA for Glorystar). However, they are on adjacent satellites. I can see where the Skyvision programming might be interesting for Glorystar customers. Does anyone have experience with adding 99W onto a Glorystar dish? It's pretty tight at 2 degrees (especially considering it's between 97W and 101W), but would be a sweet single dish/dual receiver alternative to Dish/SkyAngel if an LNB could be piggybacked onto the Glorystar dual bracket! :)

As much as I love HD, I don't like my monthly bill and am planning my initial foray into FTA ala Glorystar for after the first of the year when I am no longer under contract with Dish. I figure after two years of study and research I should finally do more than just dream about FTA! :D

Anyway, between Skyvision and Glorystar my TV programming needs would be pretty well met and I would still have a path towards wild feeds and HD FTA.

Please chime in if you have any info.

Cheers,
Red

PS: Shane - have you looked at the Skyvision programming yet?

Last edited:

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
you would need a separate dish. There is no way you can get 97/99/101 on a 36" dish. The LNB's that are used on the Glorystar dish are small enough the way it is.

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
Ice,

Well, I'm sure you would know - so I won't doubt you. :)

Can you tell me where my thinking is off? I figured I could draw a picture better than I could describe what I am thinking of. Please take a look at the attached image and tell me where I have erred. Admittedly if it worked, this would qualify as a "mad scientist" approach and would require modification of the LNB arm to attain proper alignment as proposed in the graphic on the far right.

Thanks,
Red

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I envision using bullet LNBs for this due to their small size.

Attachments

• LNB Mock-Ups.jpg
    LNB Mock-Ups.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
Incorrect assumption. All satellites do not merge into one focal point. Each satellite is reflected into the feedhorn of the opposing LNB.

Example: satellite located on left will reflect into the right side LNBF, right side satellite will reflect into the left side LNBF and the center satellite will reflect into a center LNBF.

Attachments

• LNBF_Mockups.jpg
    LNBF_Mockups.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 243

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
I see. I guess I should have realized this from fiddling with my D1000.2.

I have seen multi-LNB dishes (not reflectored like the T55 and T90) various places (including here). How do differences in horizontal alignment figure into this?

Either way, my idea is defunct until someone figures out how to beat the 4 degrees available with the bullet LNBs. Once again, I leave disappointed in my original misunderstanding but happy with the education. :D Thanks - really!

Cheers,
Red

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 12, 2006
DSR-410 Receiver

Can the Skyvision DSR-410 Receiver use for receiving FTA signal? On my 180cm Channel Master, I can put the center feed at 99W and offset 101 comfortable.

The signal on 99W is very strong and I am in the Caribbean. The only thing I was told by Skyvision they do not sell the service outside the USA. I know of few people here who subscribe to Skyvision I guess using an US address.

The DSR-410 receiver is very reasonable to and I plan to get one to check out the signal. The Deluxe package is great and just US$25.83 per month (base on annual sub)

Updated Channel List

Need A Local Satellite Installer or Technician?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)