Go HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bayzbol44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Carpentersville, IL
I am thinking about upgrading to HD. (FYI, I am well under educated in the whole digital equipment world.) I have a Sony KP51WS520 (I think this is the model #.). The TV is HD ready. I currently have a Tivo box/satellite receiver hooked up to it. From what I understand about HD for D*, I have to pay a few hundreds for installation (I plan on having someone (D* or someone else) install this and a new dish. They are also expecting me to pay close to $1000 for a HD Tivo receiver. Is there any workaround around this. That would be close to $1300 or so just to upgrade to HD. Plus D* wants me to pay $10/month more? From what I hear around here (Chicago suburbs), the cable companies are just charging $5 extra a month for HD. Is everyone else paying all this money to upgrade to HD? Is it possible to have 2 receivers setup on one TV. One with the standard Tivo and the other one being a HD receiver so I can receive the HD channels? Please help.

you will pay more like $875 go to www.valueelectronics.com then call directv at this number 1800-600-8977 to see if they can help you off set the price of the hdtivo then see if you can get hd non-tivo for $99 note: if you want the best you are going to have to pay for it and yes hd pack is $10 month

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)