Status
Not open for further replies.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I've noticed recently that when I click the little blue arrow next to posts which used to bring you to the first unread message in a thread, it's taking me instead to the last posted message. Anyone else experiencing this?

It has went to last post for me for a long time.

Fine with IE (yuck)...just had to experiment.

Only works for me if I am on the front page. I have wondered why from time to time, but never got around to asking Scott.

I didn't think vBulletin supported that but it would be nice if they finally did ! I mean, what good is "go to last post" if it's a pretty active thread and you've been away for a few hours or a day ? You often have to backtrack and TRY and find the last post you read.

I have gone a few days and come back on threads and go to last unread would be 150+ posts away from the end. It has worked without issue. In fact if you go to last unread and it is not on the last page and you leave the thread and go to last unread it will take you to the next unread page. Essentially it figures the last post on the last page you saw is your leaving point. So, if you had 5 pages to read you could go to last unread 5x and go to each page.

I'll pay closer attention when it comes to a longer and active thread. It certainly is nice if it remembers the last post "we" see and starts from there when you return.

Hah ! Now I see the problem ! I never knew the 'icon' to the left of the thread title was for navigation. Wouldn't it be better over with the "go to last post" icon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)