GOAL: Boston RSN and NESN in SanDiego

matterinoman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 9, 2007
Right now I live in San Diego and have OTA antenna for my local HD's. I "moved" to atlanta as it is the only market that I can get on the east coast that is on Conus.

I dont really want Atlanta sports but enjoy having programming 3 hours earlier.

What I really want is to be able to get Nesn and RSN HD but now the 61.5 sat is spot beam only.

Is there any market area, maybe in connecticut or something where I can get NESN and RSN HD and locals on Conus sat? Or is there anyway to "move" to atlanta and have RSN feeds for new england?

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

sats:

Your RSN feed is tied to your location.

If you tell dish you live in Atlanta, you get the RSN for Atlanta.

Additionally you can purchase the package that has ALL RSN's in it ($5.99 I believe), but most if not all out of market (non-Atlanta) professional sports will be blacked out by the sports leagues.

So what does the ALL RSN package do if it blacks out most/all non DMA games? Im confused on the value of the package.

You see all the jock talk and most college and sports junk they throw in for fillers.

Also IF a big league game runs over or goes in to over time IE goes past the time it
should end in the guide then you can see it on the RSN.
At least you could last year I don't subscribe to the package any more.

There is nothing in the Boston or surrounding DMAs that are CONUS. I also don't know of any white areas in the DMA that can get you the RSNs you want and maintain Atlanta locals via NPS. BTW, New York is CONUS as well, but not in HD. Same goes for Chicago, even those they are CST they are still 3 hours ahead for TV shows. Any HD that is on 119k or 129 is currently Conus so check The List or the EKB for those, but with that said with Ciel 2 going up odds are the HD on 129 is defenitly going spotbeam and my gut says the same goes for the HD on 119k.

somewhat similar question but a different geographic area.

I'm currently in central PA and get SD Boston (NESN) just fine.
I'll be switching to HD soon and see that most DMA's around Boston are spot-beamed (narrower than the SD beam). i *think* Hartford CT can be seen in the Harrisburg area but not positive. Any insight from anyone?

NESN HD

used to be on Conus. Has that changed? If you `moved` to Boston, you could get the RSN's including the games, but no network channels. That is if NESN HD is still Conus.

So....

If you have OTA locals outta say - San Francisco and get those in HD.

Then "move" to connecticut so u get NY Locals non-HD on 129 you would also be able to get the NESN HD /New England RSN HD/ and NY RSN's.

If thats the case then I think this is the prize package

So what does the ALL RSN package do if it blacks out most/all non DMA games? Im confused on the value of the package.

Additionally, you'll also get the NHL Network, the NBA network and the Big Ten Network (if those are of any importance to you). And the games played on those networks (from my experience) are not blacked out.

Additionally, you'll also get the NHL Network, the NBA network and the Big Ten Network (if those are of any importance to you). And the games played on those networks (from my experience) are not blacked out.

If you get NHL Network or NBA TV, you shouldn't get blacked out UNLESS the game is being shown locally in your area by a RSN or such and they have requested that a blackout be shown on the national feed.

Just wondering if there's anyone in the Harrisburg (PA) area - to test to see if they can see a spotbeam coming of 61.5 - #3 (where Scranton, Hartford are).

Philly (and presumably Harrisburg, if it ever gets uplinked) look to be on beam 4.
However, the maps for the E12 spots show Harrisburg as kind of overlapping.

Of course, if Harrisburg can pull in s3, that means NESN-HD for us Red Sox fans :)

I wanted to 'move' to Boston just to watch the Celtics on Comcast Sports NE, supposedly that is on 119/129 which I'm pointed at already I believe...I'm not worried about getting locals, I just get them with an antenna...this should be pretty straightforward shouldn't it?

I wanted to 'move' to Boston just to watch the Celtics on Comcast Sports NE, supposedly that is on 119/129 which I'm pointed at already I believe...I'm not worried about getting locals, I just get them with an antenna...this should be pretty straightforward shouldn't it?

SD channels are on 119/110 and that spot covers pretty much all of the NE U.S.
HD channels are on a beam more narrow in focus.

SD channels are on 119/110 and that spot covers pretty much all of the NE U.S.
HD channels are on a beam more narrow in focus.

I see. Apparently my satellites are 110/119/129.

I remember checking a list on Dish's site recently which listed Comcast Sports New England as on 119 with HD on 129. But now that info no longer seems to be listed, and I can't even find CSN NE HD listed on the EKB? And there is some speculation that HD channels from 129 will be shifted to spotbeam?

Maybe my safest bet would be to wait out the league pass and only do the move as a last resort, especially since they seem to be showing a lot of HD on the preview.

I'm kind of a newbie to this so I apolgize if I ask stupid questions and have things mixed up...

But now that info no longer seems to be listed, and I can't even find CSN NE HD listed on the EKB?
The EKB moved to The Echostar Knowledge Base

With that said Satelliteguys has its own version called 'The List' that is available from selecting the tabs at the top of this page

And there is some speculation that HD channels from 129 will be shifted to spotbeam?
You like the rest of us are going to have to wait for Ciel 2 to be launced and go active in December/January. Ciel 2 is going to have a bunch of spotbeams and the thinking by many of us is not only will SD/HD locals be moving over to the spotbeams, but RSN's will probably do so as well since they are only broadcasting in HD on Dish when they show live sports and the majority of live sports has blackout restrictions.

I see. Apparently my satellites are 110/119/129.

I remember checking a list on Dish's site recently which listed Comcast Sports New England as on 119 with HD on 129. But now that info no longer seems to be listed, and I can't even find CSN NE HD listed on the EKB? And there is some speculation that HD channels from 129 will be shifted to spotbeam?

Maybe my safest bet would be to wait out the league pass and only do the move as a last resort, especially since they seem to be showing a lot of HD on the preview.

I'm kind of a newbie to this so I apolgize if I ask stupid questions and have things mixed up...

CSN NE is and always has been on 61.5 in HD, same as NESN, SD on 119, and CONUS, not on a spotbeam.

If you decide to "move", Bruins/Celtics/Red Sox games will be blacked out on most NBA TV/NHL Network/ESPN/TBS feeds and any season ticket PPV package, except for obviously ESPN Sunday Night Baseball and it seems ESPN doesn't black out NBA coverage and neither does NBA TV.

The downside of "moving" is obviously no satellite locals and Dish is only carrying Celtics home games in HD, so any Celtics away feeds in HD on League Pass will be blacked out for you

CSN NE is and always has been on 61.5 in HD, same as NESN, SD on 119, and CONUS, not on a spotbeam.

If you decide to "move", Bruins/Celtics/Red Sox games will be blacked out on most NBA TV/NHL Network/ESPN/TBS feeds and any season ticket PPV package, except for obviously ESPN Sunday Night Baseball and it seems ESPN doesn't black out NBA coverage and neither does NBA TV.

The downside of "moving" is obviously no satellite locals and Dish is only carrying Celtics home games in HD, so any Celtics away feeds in HD on League Pass will be blacked out for you

Hmm, I am awfully sure that I saw CSN HD listed as being on 129 on Dish's website, but it sounds like that was incorrect according to you and the list.

It sounds as if getting CSN HD would not be any simple matter since I currently get 110/119/129, and probably don't have the correct dish to get 61.5???.

My sole intent is to watch Celtics games one way or another, that is the only reason I have anything more than OTA in the first place. (Even suffered through 06 and 07 on league pass before being rewarded with last season!) I don't care about the Red Sox/Bruins/Patriots at all, or locals since I get them by antenna. It's an either/or choice between moving and getting league pass (if available).

Moving sounded like a good idea when I thought it would have more HD games than LP, but if is only the home games in HD, (and if LP has more HD than expected), then it's kind of a tossup. If I can't get HD games at all because they're on 61.5, than moving would only be a last resort if League Pass never becomes available and the preview ends.

You say ESPN games aren't blacked out, are TNT games blacked out? If I can't get CSN HD and TNT games are blocked out as well, moving would be fairly unpalatable even as a last resort.

Is anyone able to determine how far south sp2 and sp3 cover?
I think I'm on the fringe of sp3 but have no way of knowing without upgrading. And don't want to upgrade to HD without knowing :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)