Godzilla Trailer Released

Finally got a good picture of Godzilla..

Qh0sonA.jpg

New International Trailer. Similar to the last one, but with some more footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get to my computer I'm going to post the Asian trailer because it is more informative. First off,if you didn't already know,Godzilla isn't the only monster in the movie. There is speculation that Rodan is also in the movie,along with,for sure a giant bird & insect(but I'm guessing no Mothra or King Ghidorah) which explains all the F-22's falling from the sky. For all of that alone,& the fact that Toho Studios didn't want a repeat of the 1998 movie disaster,this movie is worth seeing. Now on the other hand,if there is also a gigantic fire breathing flying turtle........(although THAT would make an interesting American made reboot movie in it's own right.)

Godzilla & Rodan are probably the only 2 Kaiju monsters that you could do a serious movie about or with. The theme of this movie is that man's destruction of the earth led to the creation of these monsters as nature's revenge against us. That leaves out space aliens & King Ghidorah(who looks silly in it's own right),& Mothra or Gammera obviously can't be taken seriously. I think this movie will be a hit.

Last edited:
Godzilla prepares to fight mysterious flying monster in this new clip
Godzilla won't be the only monster wreaking havoc when the film finally hits theaters later this month. As a new clip suggests, the beast will face-off against a flying kaiju, clearly reminiscent of the giant lizard's old foes Rodan and Mothra. In this short prelude, Ken Watanabe gives his all-too-familiar speech about man's impotence in the face of nature before finally saying, "Let them fight." This should hopefully be good. Godzilla Movie CLIP Let Them Fight (2014) - Bryan Cranston, Gareth Edwards Movie HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked this movie. It was far better than the last one (1998). It took me a while to figure out where I had seen the main character from before - it was the guy from Kick Ass.

Here's my review of it..

It's hard to grade a movie like this because perspective means a lot. Viewed purely as a Godzilla movie, it sucks overall. Godzilla is barely in the movie, and he's not even really the main character. Instead the movie focuses on the incredibly uninteresting human characters. The main character, who Mike mentioned in the main character of Kick-ass, is about as interesting as a fruit fly. I've seen NPCs in Call of Duty games bring more sympathy out of me than this guy. Bryan Cranston's role is greatly exaggerated in the trailers, and he plays his part well, but, not to be a spoiler, there's a reason why he is credited as the last big actor in the ads. Still, Godzilla movies have never been known for their human characters, except for maybe Dr. Serizawa. The main character in this is almost painful to watch at times.. almost like the director told the character to suck.

It's too bad that American filmmakers still haven't realized that what makes Godzilla movies great is Godzilla. At times, Godzilla feels like part of the background. And this is sad, because when Godzilla is made the focus of the movie, the movie is f*cking awesome. The movement, choreography, and fighting of Godzilla is better than it's ever been. When he is left to shine, he sure as hell does. Sadly, these scenes are VERY VERY few. Honestly, this feels more like a disaster movie than it does a monster movie, which can be attributed to the other monsters in the film, which I didn't know even existed because I've been avoiding most trailers because I wanted to be surprised. When stuff is being destroyed and the monsters are running wild, the movie is at it's best. The human drama is not really worth investing in. I mean overall it hasn't been in nearly every Godzilla movie, but because they try so hard to make us care, it gets more annoying and glaring when we don't.

In conclusion, these complaints aren't enough to me not recommend the movie, but for us hardcore Godzilla fans, while this is a major improvement on the 1998 "Zilla", I'd rather watch one of the recent Toho movies. However, if they do make a sequel which I think they will because they leave it open for one and this movie will likely be very successful, if they can remove what was bad from this and expand on what was good, Godzilla 2 could be one of the best.

As far as a grade goes, as a Godzilla movie, a C-. As a disaster movie, a B+.

I had an opportunity to stroll into this movie this afternoon after seeing Capt. America with my daughter since she's in town visiting for a few days. Anyway, I decided not to because...well, it just didn't interest me. I guess I've seen more than enough Godzilla movies over the years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)