Godzilla Trailer Released

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
As a long time fan of the Big G... all I can say is.. WOW... and...If this ends up being bad I don't know how I'll recover mentally. I'm still reeling from the 1998 version...

And kudos to them for quoting Robert Oppenheimer in the background..

update: Unfortunately this trailer apparently isn't authorized and is being taken down as fast as it's being uploaded. Hopefully WB will finally just do the right thing and release it officially themselves.

Update 2: I have found some working links but since WB doesn't want this out I don't want to put it here for everyone to see and get anyone in trouble. However, if someone would like to message me privately about where to look I can give you a general idea.

Last edited:
Actually I think this may be the old Comic-Con trailer that was leaked then pulled offline, but probably this one is in much better quality. If the previous one you saw showed a ruined city then this may be the same one but in better quality.

New official trailer out. I'm rather ambivalent about this. I'm getting really worried about the fact that we STILL don't see Godzilla doing anything. Yes you see him, but I want to see him destroying stuff, not standing around and roaring. At least he LOOKS like Godzilla and they're not trying to "reinvent" him like they did in 1998. I'm crossing my fingers, but my expectations are starting to slip.

Last edited by a moderator:
1- 1998 never happened!
2- Nothing beats a good ol' game of RAMPAGE

Cheers. K

Thanks for the head up about the trailer (blocked at work)

New official trailer out. I'm rather ambivalent about this. I'm getting really worried about the fact that we STILL don't see Godzilla doing anything. Yes you see him, but I want to see him destroying stuff, not standing around and roaring. At least he LOOKS like Godzilla and they're not trying to "reinvent" him like they did in 1998. I'm crossing my fingers, but my expectations are starting to slip.

The ending with his head BACK, and that Godzilla ROAR was all I needed to make sure this would be a "don't miss" movie for me!

I can't wait!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure it will be a fun movie, perhaps it will not get great reviews from the critics, but perhaps filled with exciting action sequences. Looks like San Francisco is toast!

I dunno... the trailer seems to be filled with a lot of "eye candy" effects. Hopefully they spend some
time and money on the plot and dialogue.

Think.. You got Godzilla wrecking your city and you parachute an army squad in?
What are they going to do, land on its back and tickle Godzilla to death?

I have a 1998 deja vu

I dunno... the trailer seems to be filled with a lot of "eye candy" effects. Hopefully they spend some
time and money on the plot and dialogue.

Think.. You got Godzilla wrecking your city and you parachute an army squad in?
What are they going to do, land on its back and tickle Godzilla to death?

I have a 1998 deja vu
Really? Even the GOOD Godzilla movies don't really have much in terms of plot or dialog. It really just comes down to how good the action sequences and fights are.

Also, humans VS Godzilla isn't as futile as it used to be. Don't forget about the Global Defense Force.

I don't see them making the same mistakes as they did with the 1998 film, the main one being that it really WASN'T a Godzilla movie. Had it just been a generic monster movie a'la Cloverfield it would have been more enjoyable. At least this time they got a monster that LOOKS like Godzilla.

Having said that, I am apprehensive as well, but for other reasons as I mentioned above.

Too bad it's not a Guillermo Del Toro film. Say what you will about Pacific Rim.. the action choreography in that was AWESOME. Would be perfect for a film like this.

We're part of a small minority then. Saw Pacific Rim 6 weeks after its release. A mate and I walked into the cinema hoping to find something else to watch..
Its was surprisingly very entertaining!