Going back to Dish?

pederb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
Oakland, CA
I cant take cable anymore :rant: I used to have Dish and was pretty happy with it but a lot of things can happen in 2 years so the question is, should I go with Dish again or pick Directv.

Please advise

PS I only watch HD channels

Cheers

I cant take cable anymore :rant: I used to have Dish and was pretty happy with it but a lot of things can happen in 2 years so the question is, should I go with Dish again or pick Directv.

Please advise

PS I only watch HD channels

Cheers

D* doesn't have any all-HD packages, E* does. There are currently a few HD channels that the E* all-HD Turbo packages do not include. These are MTV, VH1, Nick, BET, Fox News, Fox Business News, FX, and Speed. E* is supposedly working on getting these HD channels into the HD Turbo packages. Currently they are only available with a Classic package with the HD add-on. If you want sports and fulltime RSNs, D* will be your only choice.

No sports, I only watch some SpeedTV during Le Mans and when they occasionally show Sports Car Racing, that's it.

It's pretty hard to pass up Dish's HD DVR and they have a good HD line up if you are not interested in Sunday Ticket. I think you'd be happy with Dish.

Dish just lit up a new HD channel, Mav HD, that has non-traditional racing, ie. not NASCAR, IndyCar, F1, Le Mans. Do not know if they are replaying races from 2006 or if they are current.

Run some searches on this board. There are many threads on this subject.

In the end, make sure you did your homework. It costs hundreds to break contract. I paid nearly $500 to get rid of Direc's crappy DVR after just one week with it. And it was worth every penny.

I was with Dish for about 2 years, then after DirecTV added all of their HD in late 2007 I switched. I lived with their HR series of DVR's for 18 months and decided that I had had enough. The HR series is S L O W and the guide and on screen menus seem harder to read than the ViP series of DVR's from Dish.
Also, if you like movies, you get all HBO channels in HD except for HBO2W and all Cinemax channels in HD except for MoreMax. Also, DirecTV does not offer HBO Comedy, HBO Zone, 5StarMax, ActionMax, TMC Xtra E&W, Showtime Beyond, and Starz Cinema.
If you like movies you get more for your money with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts