Going for a backup dish?????

JosephHolloway1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
Porter Ranch, CA
Since I can't seem to view my Ducks and Kings games (all being blacked out), as a result of Fox Sports removing all of its regional channels from the Dish Network lineup I plan on going for a backup dish (If I went with another provider, I'll end up paying extra) like this one from TEK2000:

I have the coins I'm cashing in for my vacation and I'll plan to use 1/2 of my vacation money on this dish if I have enough.

Since I can't seem to view my Ducks and Kings games (all being blacked out), as a result of Fox Sports removing all of its regional channels from the Dish Network lineup I plan on going for a backup dish (If I went with another provider, I'll end up paying extra) like this one from TEK2000:

I have the coins I'm cashing in for my vacation and I'll plan to use 1/2 of my vacation money on this dish if I have enough.
That's actually quite nice looking. Please, keep up informed of how it works out and any other equipment you use/need!

Reactions: charlesrshell
How is that going to get the King's and Duck's games?
I'm looking at channel lists and I think he's better off on C-Band than KU. Heck, I might delve into C-Band There Buffalo, NY local Channels on here. An Addon for that 48" Dish he posted is a dual C/KU band LNBF. Probably the best way to go although I'm not sure which receiver he'd need. This could be very interesting - and affordable enough that I might want to look into FTA Satellite some more.

I'm looking at channel lists and I think he's better off on C-Band than KU. Heck, I might delve into C-Band There Buffalo, NY local Channels on here. An Addon for that 48" Dish he posted is a dual C/KU band LNBF. Probably the best way to go although I'm not sure which receiver he'd need. This could be very interesting - and affordable enough that I might want to look into FTA Satellite some more.

C Band on a 48in dish doesn't sound like it will work at all. Usually the minimum size for C Band reception is 6 ft with 7.5 ft and 10 ft the norm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)