going from an old DVR to the 722

vivithemage

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
MPLS
I love my current DVR (I actually cannot remember what model, it does do 150hours of SD though if that helps). I have had it for over 2 years now, and it's been perfect...only one minor outage in a huge blizzard we had...otherwise perfect!

I am curious, will the 722 be just as great?

Also, since i am out of contract, they said they could get me a 722 and 10$ off for 12 months if I get into another 24 month contract (and get the bronze classic 100 HD package -- which I had been considering anyway), does that seem good? Or can I do better...i'd like to get more knocked off, but I know I can't get everything I want!

Thanks all :D

I went from a 625 to a 722 last year and we've been very happy. In addition to the HD, the 722 can accept an EHD as well as communicate with Dish via Ethernet. The 625 can do neither.

I went from a 625 to a 722 last year and we've been very happy. In addition to the HD, the 722 can accept an EHD as well as communicate with Dish via Ethernet. The 625 can do neither.
I agree but I went to a 622, got a great price on it. Welcome to HD.

i can get a 622 for free, but for 50$...722 has more space, or should I spend the 50 on an external HD that I'd eventually be able to keep?

i can get a 622 for free, but for 50$...722 has more space, or should I spend the 50 on an external HD that I'd eventually be able to keep?
From what I've read they are basically the same, so it's up to you. Wait one is sliver and the other is black. For either one get a fan and your good to go.

I'd go for the 722... Then later down the road, you can pay the $40 (one-time) fee for turning on EHD support and then pick up a USB drive.

I've got a vip612 and a 722... 500GB WD HDs connected to both. love it!

set it up to get a 722 for 25$ one time fee + 10$ off for 12 months...with a 24 month commitment.

I feel we only need locals in HD, and Classic Bronze 100...should be good :)...can't wait to try out the slingbox beta i got into finally!

If you have a dual tuner DVR, I believe that is the 625 or 522. If its a single, it might be a 510.

I would recommend the 722. I have had mine for over a year now and never had any problems with it. You can also get the new 21.0 remotes (that work with the 722k and 222k) and will work with the 722. Plus you will have the learning capability on the remote.

the 722 will give you 350 SD/55 HD for DVR, ethernet capablity, plus the 1080p Video on Demand. As stated, you can get an external Hard Drive for the 722 and pay a one time fee activation of $39.99 to start it up. The reciever will support up to 750 GB, which can add hours and hours of storage for that reciever. I have a 500 GB on mine, and I almost have it filled (sadly) with 170+ movies (from HBO, STARZ, PPV, etc...)

Plus, it works alot better and faster than my ViP612....I cant wait to get that one switched out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)