Going from regular tv to hd....new to the site need some help please..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

popaki1

Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
South Carolina
Hey guys I am new to the site, and i appreciate all the knowledge I am reading about. It is amazing how much info is on here. I cant seem to find anything pertaining to some questions I have. If anyone can help....I would appreciate it ! lol Thank you!!!
Alright so I have regular tv, and I finally bought an hd tv...and bought an hd dvr receiver. I am getting the code 771 on my screen, and was told its because I dont have an hd satellite dish. Is that true? I cannot use my existing satellite dish to watch hd tv? I dont know what sat i have, but i do know that there are two cables coming out of it...and only one round "thing" pointing towards the dish. I used two cables for the dvr with b band filters. Any suggestions? I think i may need to realign the satellite dish? If it happens that i do need a new sat dish for hd channels....is it easy to install? I am a handy female... I have been reading online that that is the case. Seriously...any help is welcomed. Thanks guys!!!!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

It sounds like you have the old style single lnb dish that only gets sd. You need a Slimline, probably with a 3 lnb. It sees the 99 and 103 satellites, which is where the hd channels come from. Your dish only sees the 101 satellite.

yep raoul is right. You have the older style dish

You can (for the time being) watch the SD channels but the HD ones you will need a new dish. Give Directv a call and they can set you up for an appointment.
Side note I'm shocked when you called ot activate that HD DVR they didnt send a tech out anyways to put a new dish up...guess they assumed you had one ;)

raoul and iceberg....thank you!!! I went out and messed with the dish...lol and uhh...now i have nothing! I didnt want to pay installation....but it looks like im going to lol thanks again guys!

Call DirecTV and tell them you now have an HD box and need a dish upgrade. If you got the HD box from an "official" source (DirecTV or an authorized distributor) this should be free of charge,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)