Going Home

bobt

Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
montana
The last few days when I turn on the receiver, it comes on at channel 101, (Dish home) regardless of what you were watching before. Mildly annoying, I don't like being told what to watch. Anybody else?

Generally that only happens to me after my receiver has taken a software update. That or Dish set my DVR to record one of their infomercials.

It is my understanding that this can happen if you mash the buttons on the remote or possibly if a remote button is stuck or pressed for a very long time (like when it is stuck in between couch cushions).

It happens for these reasons that I have seen myself or seen posts that figured it out;
It was left on an HD RSN
It was left on a channel not in the guide you are using
It was left on an OTA channel
It was left on a channel that changes transponders. (Something like the HD RSN situation)

And you won't like this one - possible early symptom of a hard drive failure or problem.

It can also happen as mentioned after a software update, I haven't had it happen after DISH downloaded programming as yet.

I can add one, it was left on a channel you do not subscribe to...and you get the notice, then did not get out of it.

Wow. Is this topic not what I expected.

"Going Home" is the name of a direct cremation company.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)