All Manual Timers Deleted

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
We went in to watch the news and it hadn't been recorded. I have (had) a manual timer that was set to record channel 5 from 5:29 to 6:59 pm to get the CBS Evening News than the local news as one continuous file. I had another manual timer for channel 7's 11 o'clock news from 10:59 to 11:35 pm.

Both of those manual timers plus the ones for Saturday and Sunday news had been deleted from the list. All of the shows set to record from the schedule by name remained in the list.

We got the new update to S338, so I suspect that's the cause. What would cause the Hopper to erase timers on its own? It's getting so you find a surprise every time you turn on the TV!

Larry
SF

Last edited:
It has happen to me as well. It had my timers but didn't record them. And the last few days it just records one show but doesn't record the same show I set up for 1 hour. Was a updated earlier this week with the Hopper with Sling S338.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Saturday starting 5PM a lot of timers were set:

These were eliminated by conflicts:
Roberta's Unique Gard...
Everybody Lovers Raymond
WBK: Duke ...
(the list just got zapped as I was writing them. How?)

It did eliminate the regular NBC 5:30 (MST) national news.

I could have lost more if I hadn't stepped in.

I don't like automata with a mind of their own.
-Ken

I tried a manual timer once, but I disliked it. I don't like that it literally saves named the channel and the time it started and the time it stopped. Of course you can't rename it either. It also gets an ugly generic abstract artwork image so it wouldn't be something I would save to keep.

I'm not intending to draw attention away from your concern, but I think you meant Cops on SPIKE, because Cops has never been on Syfy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)