Going on 2 weeks- can't access my acct. online

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, I have been trying to access my acct. online for almost 2 weeks. I just keep getting a screen that tells me due to technical difficulties try again later. This is really getting me mad. There must be extreme incompetance at Dish if a customer can't even access his/her acct. at any time. I thought cable was f****d up, but Dish appears to be worse. I thought some people were capable of doing their jobs properly. Anyone else experiencing this situation? Any ideas who to contact? Thanks. :(

Or figure out what's wrong with your computer, i've never gotten this error and I was just in my online account page 2 days ago...

I always check when I see these message and it always works. Just logged in (7:39am) without problems again. It's on your end...

I agree

I've receive the same message before. If you try and login and make a mistake with the user id or password, it does not tell you it's invalid, it gives you the message you say you are getting. Maybe you could have them reset the password or ? and try it then. I agree with the poster who said it's at your end.

I ordered dish a couple weeks ago and have been trying to sign up on the website. I also get the:
Unable to logon to system due to technical difficulties. Please try again at a later time.
I've been trying every day since I ordered, no luck. Sure is a good sign of whats to come....

well considering that I was able to get logged into mine as well as others here, looks to be user error and not Dish error, but then again, since it is never our fault and it is always someone elses (I believe that is the American Way) maybe you should just quit trying!

Slamminc11 said:
well considering that I was able to get logged into mine as well as others here, looks to be user error and not Dish error, but then again, since it is never our fault and it is always someone elses (I believe that is the American Way) maybe you should just quit trying!
Oh your a kind caring individual!
I'm not new to computers at all, IT'S NOT on my end. I have tried this on other computers in this house, with various browsers AND at a friends house. IT'S NOT on my end. Its rather an internal error with Dish, they are unable to allow me to sign up. PERHAPS I SHOULD CALL THE STUPID LAZY FU*K'S AND COMPLAIN AND YELL BECAUSE ITS THE AMERICAN WAY AM I RITE!!!!?!?!??!?!!?!? :wtf: OR LIKE YOU SAID I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP....THANKS MAN! THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR KIND WORDS!!!!
You truly are despicable. :(

calm the hell down...if you can't take a dig, perhaps you shouldn't dish them out first...

Many of us can get in, so how could it POSSIBLY be an internal error with dish?

I've attached an image of me JUST A MINUTE AGO from inside my account...I guess I work for dish and it's all a big conspiracy though, right? It's you, click "Forgot ID And Password" and see if you can't reset your password. If not, choose a new one and start over. There's nothing wrong with their website...

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 185
I think there is an intermittant glitch in the system. I had the same error message a week ago. I was able to get in yesterday though.....

He just got Dish and is trying to login for the first time. The system won't let him create a new profile. The people that can login is because they already have the profile created.

Call Dish and tell them that you can't create a new profile in their website. There is obviously something wrong at Dish's end where a new user cannot create a new profile. It's probably intermittent or it might be affecting all new customers but you need to let them know.

BTW, I can login to my account at Dish's website even though I cancelled my account a couple of years ago. So the database is poorly maintained.

Beachbum

I've been getting the same error too. The site won't let me create a new profile either. I get the same error, " Unable to logon to system due to technical difficulties. Please try again at a later time." I get the same error on multiple computers, on every browser I've tried, and on both ways for initially creating a profile.

I've emailed the web administrator twice and he/she doesn't care. I got back some canned response message about making sure I entered everything correctly. I've even called and asked and got the same run around. They just don't care.

To all those here who don't seem to care or believe the problem exists...
I'm not a computer newbie. I do know what I'm doing. I'm a computer analyst and programmer/web developer. So I know what I'm talking about when I say this is not user error. The profile creation engine is FUBAR. It's broken, and it's a disgrace that it's not fixed yet. Maybe the site works for you, but it doesn't for us.

The problem was that you swore it was a dish internal problem, and I've proven that it's not.

And now we've decided it's just a "create new user" problem, without any proof. Whatever, call dish and tell them to create one for you, or walk you through it. It worked for me. If I was convinced it wasn't going to screw things up, i'd go through the signup process again...

Purogamer said:
The problem was that you swore it was a dish internal problem, and I've proven that it's not.

And now we've decided it's just a "create new user" problem, without any proof. Whatever, call dish and tell them to create one for you, or walk you through it. It worked for me. If I was convinced it wasn't going to screw things up, i'd go through the signup process again...

I talked to Dish yesterday. They had me send an e mail to a technical site. It's NOT my fault or a user error-it's on their end. They told me only a high end tech person could find out what'a going on. I thought cable was incompetant but this is ridiculous. I think I still have the CEO address for Dish. I'm going to send one & hope things get straightened out.

Walker1 said:
I talked to Dish yesterday. They had me send an e mail to a technical site. It's NOT my fault or a user error-it's on their end. They told me only a high end tech person could find out what'a going on. I thought cable was incompetant but this is ridiculous. I think I still have the CEO address for Dish. I'm going to send one & hope things get straightened out.
I believe you. Where in the registration process did it crash on you?

I was already signed up online. I went to look at my bill and couldn't get on. I can't even access my acct. on ch. 100. It tells me to call the 1 800 #. I got a call from a girl at CEO. She is having their IT people find out what gives. She also could not access my acct. I was able to find out the $$ amt. on TV. At this time I have a credit balance and Dish doesn't send a paper bill in that case. Nobody I've talked to has seen this particular problem. Time will tell. Later

I called today too. The girl I talked to didn't really seem to know all that much. I wasn't in the mood of explaining things and just let her do whatever she could. I think she finally found out what I was talking about and submitted an email or something to her supervisor to look into. What I will do is wait until I actually get dish installed (on the 20th) and try the card activation thing...

EDIT: WOW, its got a totally different error now. Maybe its going all down hill from here, or they are attempting to fix it.

Upgrade from 508 to 721 - good move? Where to buy?

Howard Stern Signs With In Demand - Will Dish Carry?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts