Going on my 3rd 622...

MYNAMEHERE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 19, 2006
Woodson Terrace, MO
I just called the tech line and I'm having my 622 replaced for the 3rd time. I have to reset it about 5 times a day due to some audio drops and jerkiness of the video, which does this on all tuners, HD and SD, and recorded material. The picture shakes even when paused. I'm using component and optical ports, so it's not an HDMI issue. I'm only using it for one TV. I do not get this when using my DVD player or tuners in the TV. I asked the guy if this was a software issue or a hardware problem with the 622. He said that he could not tell me, but would start a report of the problems. If the 3rd 622 does the same thing, can I get a refund even though it's leased? If they fail to provide a working product that would break the lease and at least give me a partial refund for time used for the 18 months.

This is why I hesitate to get a replacement for my 'mere' HDMI problem, but it is on the way. I am afraid of worse or different problems, when I have had none other than the faulty HDMI. I do plan on hooking up the new one when it gets here and seeing how it performs before sending the original back, though there is a deadline for the return. Could you state which release of the 622 you have? (D, E, etc) - thanks

skyeblues said:
Could you state which release of the 622 you have? (D, E, etc) - thanks

I have had both the B and D versions. The B version was better with the video studder but worse on audio drops.

The last letter of a long string of numbers and letters on the label indicates the revision (that is what I learned from here). I have both "C" and "D" versions of 622s, so far, no major problems with them. The "D" version one has few times of video studder. Soft reboot took care of that. I am taking the apporach of "don't fix if itsn't broke". I just don't want to any other big problem with any replacement. Most of time, the replacement boxes are nothing but re-cycled units that was re-manufactured from previouse returns........(not sure about 622 as it is still relatively new).

Last edited:
I'm on my second - first one ("D" version) had no HDMI at all to my Sony TV. The second ("E") arrived slighty damaged, but so far is working OK. If that continues for another week or so I'm inclined to hold on to it. The damage then will probably be strictly cosmetic and it's in the back where it is unseen. (It could be simply repaired if I'm so inclined.) So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have a slight video stutter (both units) that others have reported. It's noticeable, but slight enough that it doesn't bother me yet.

replacing units seems to be more hassle than what it's worth... it doesn't fix anything for most people... which means IT'S A SOFTWARE PROBLEM! I'm also upset my 622 doesn't run perfect but what can I do but email, call and complain to Dish, eventually they will get the software working (near) perfect, so far it's pretty close for me (minus the reboots i do)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)