Going on number 5...

SHADO 1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
St. louis
Well, one of the fans is going out on my 622...it has a high pitched whine and their is a distinct vibration of the unit. This will be receiver #5 since march, almost once a month...not a good track record. If this one fails, I'm dropping dish...the whole experience from the start has been a nightmare. It took 6 weeks to get the first unit but they made sure to take my money the same day of the order, another 2 to get it installed, replaced units due to HD failures, OTA tuner, constant reboots, taking 4 weeks to get a 1000+ installed, billing errors...you name it. Plus the problem with the last two updates...DISH YOU GET ONE MORE CHANCE!!!:mad:

It seems like there may be more at work here than bad units. What was wrong with all the others?

gdarwin said:
Do you have good air circulation around the 622?. Failures sound heat related to me.

The unit sits on a glass shelf in a non-enclosed shelf...so should not be an air circulation problem. All my equipment is plugged into a power conditioner, so it should not be an electrical problem. Yes, the cable from the dish is connected to a grounding block. The last temp reading from the menu screen has a high of 125 degrees...seems a bit high, but not enough to do damage to the HD. Bad luck, maybe, but I know I'm not the only one with these problems.

Receiver #1...Bad OTA turner
Receiver #2...Bad HD
Receiver #3...Always had to reboot daily, unit would lock up
Receiver #4...Bad fan
Receiver #5...??? (I hope not...)

This along with the hoops you have to go through just to get E* to do something right...no wonder I'm ready to drop them.

I believe a high temp of 125 is well within E*'s expected temperature range.

I am fearful that the 622's design and high operating temperatures are going to mean a short life for many of them.

I got two and so far, no problems, except #1 died when the installer unplugged the power during the software update. I have both of my units on UPS's and all my other receivers as well, and my 5 HDTV's and all 5 PC's, routers, DSL modems. The 622's run great on the $35 APC ups FROM MAL-MART

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)