Going to try again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
May try to get Directv again tired of Uverse can't get them to do anything with the boxes or freezing.
This is what I want 2 HD DVR and 1 SD box or another HD or HD DVR with Whole Home DVR set up with CinemaPlus.

This is what I have now.
1 Uverse main box for Uverse and Internet main box is upstairs with 1 Coaxial RG6 run to it all computers are run wirelessly to it 16 meg down 1.5 up.
With 1 whole house DVR and 2 HD boxes.
Whole house HD DVR box in living room with 1 RG6 Coax run to it.
1 HD box in bedroom down stairs with 1 RG6 Coax run to it.
1 HD box in bedroom up stairs with 1 RG6 Coax run to it.

Is what I'm wanting to do feasible without running any other cables?
Thanks

Yep, the coax is all you need - but the CP requires an ethernet connection from a port on your router to the CP adaptor, which then is connected by coax to the SWiM splitter. Usually, the CP adaptor is placed near your router w/an ethernet jumper, then from there by coax to the SWiM splitter - but the CP adaptor can actually be placed anywhere in-between the router port & splitter, depending on your particular wiring situation.

Yep, the coax is all you need - but the CP requires an ethernet connection from a port on your router to the CP adaptor, which then is connected by coax to the SWiM splitter. Usually, the CP adaptor is placed near your router w/an ethernet jumper, then from there by coax to the SWiM splitter - but the CP adaptor can actually be placed anywhere in-between the router port & splitter, depending on your particular wiring situation.

So the installer shouldn't have to run anymore coax?the last time he said he would have to run a coax from the Uverse RG to another room that had nothing hooked to it's coax run.
Thanks for the help.

Well,went ahead and ordered Directv again hopefully I will get a better installer this time.Just can't handle these Uverse boxes any more they did give me a $20 discount for 6 month then sent me to tech support spoke to Don from India still no fix for my problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts