Gold HD and Platinum HD $20

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I got the run around from Chat and a CSR 7GZ when I tried to combine the two HD packages and save $10. This happened late last summer too even though I saw that some subscribers were successful. So I went to the Loyalty Dept today and had them remove Platinum. I just checked the All HD channels listing and MAVTV, CTRC, LOGO, FTV, MGM and WFN are now in red and unavailable to me. I will only miss MGM but since there are not suppose to be 2 HD pkgs anymore, why did I loose those channels? Also, will I still be able to get the new HD channels on 72.7 or 129 when I make the required physical changes? Thanks!

The primary mistake people make here is trying to go through the CSRs.

Just do this online:

1) Log into your account, and select "Programming"
2) Uncheck the HD package
3) Select "Review and Order"
4) At the bottom of the screen will be "Back" "Cancel" "Order" buttons -- click "Back" on the screen (not your browser back!)
5) Gold & Platinum (or whatever metal you have + Platinum) will now be available, select that and click "Review and Order"
6) Click "order"

Takes about 60 seconds to do it online, and you don't have to fight with anyone.

For whatever reason, I had trouble doing this from my account page. So I called Dish and was of course connected with a nice fellow in India. I was very pleasently surprised to learn that he knew exactly what I wanted and took care of it very quickly. I verifed this on my account page just to make sure and it was good to go! I just put the $10/mo. savings toward my recent "rate adjustment" and toward my "protection package" that I took to get the $15 Eastern Arc conversion.

The primary mistake people make here is trying to go through the CSRs.

Just do this online:

1) Log into your account, and select "Programming"
2) Uncheck the HD package
3) Select "Review and Order"
4) At the bottom of the screen will be "Back" "Cancel" "Order" buttons -- click "Back" on the screen (not your browser back!)
5) Gold & Platinum (or whatever metal you have + Platinum) will now be available, select that and click "Review and Order"
6) Click "order"

Takes about 60 seconds to do it online, and you don't have to fight with anyone.

Maybe that worked at one time but now when you click on HD CHANNELS + mark to display the HD package(s) nothing is displayed. This is what occurred earlier when I tried to change it. BTW, I also lost HDNMV abd UNIHD which also is no longer mapped down to the 3 number display. I guess I need to terminate the HD I am now getting and call back the next day and ask for the one and only complete HD package.

For whatever reason, I had trouble doing this from my account page. So I called Dish and was of course connected with a nice fellow in India. I was very pleasently surprised to learn that he knew exactly what I wanted and took care of it very quickly. I verifed this on my account page just to make sure and it was good to go! I just put the $10/mo. savings toward my recent "rate adjustment" and toward my "protection package" that I took to get the $15 Eastern Arc conversion.

Did you loose the HD channels that I lost???

Did you loose the HD channels that I lost???
You lost the channels because the platinum pack still exists, and you had them remove the platinum pack.

There are new packages called Gold & Platinum, Silver & Platinum, and Bronze & Platinum. They are the same price as the Gold-only, Silver-only, and Bronze-only packages ($10).

You lost the channels because the platinum pack still exists, and you had them remove the platinum pack.

There are new packages called Gold & Platinum, Silver & Platinum, and Bronze & Platinum. They are the same price as the Gold-only, Silver-only, and Bronze-only packages ($10).

According to the Dish Network site the size of the HD pkg, all $10, is dependent on which "Top" package you subscribe to (120, 200, 250) with the higher Top pkgs getting more HD channels for that $10 fee. There are no metal names for those 3 pkgs.

There is a free Bonus Platinum add on HD pkg with a foot note "Offer available to new customers only." The channels I lost match closely with what is in that Platinum package though not exactly (I still get CI HD). What upsets me is some long time subscribers like me are getting both the "Top" Pkg associated HD channels along with the Platinum for $10 but E* has now decided to only allow the freebee for new customers. The next time I get a U-Verse offer, I'll study it rather than pitching it. Loyalty to E* is a character defect. I think I'll change my signature to that.

There is only one HD package now as far as I know and it is called "HD & Platinum".

If you add HD programming online, it will be the only choice you have.

There is only one HD package now as far as I know and it is called "HD & Platinum".

If you add HD programming online, it will be the only choice you have.

As I stated in my reply to espaeth, I cannot change the HD programming on-line. While premium, international etc. packages will disply a drop down selection when clicked, the HD programming does not display as it apparently did for you. They apparently closed that $10 door now for "HD & Platinum" for long time subscribers.
I guess I could cancel the remaining "regular" HD package and then see if that is available but I doubt it would be.

When I went to the programming page, the HD programming was not displaying for me as well.

What I did was click the radio button in front of Top 200. Then clicked the Top 250 to put it back on what I actually have. Once I did that the HD programming choices showed up. I selected the option for Gold HD & Platinum and submitted the form.

The platimum channels showed up a short time later. I have never had them before but was paying the $10 for Gold HD.

When I went to the programming page, the HD programming was not displaying for me as well.

What I did was click the radio button in front of Top 200. Then clicked the Top 250 to put it back on what I actually have. Once I did that the HD programming choices showed up. I selected the option for Gold HD & Platinum and submitted the form.

The platimum channels showed up a short time later. I have never had them before but was paying the $10 for Gold HD.

Thank You! Thank YOU! THANK YOU! That seemed (actually did) work and as an additional bonus I am getting Showtime and HBO free 3 months for agreeing to paperless billing and autopay WHICH I ALREADY HAD! AND I JUST GOT MY PLATINUM channels BACK!!
:):D:):D:up:up:up

I have top 250 with Gold HD. What are Platinum channels in this tier so I can see if I'm getting (or missing) them.

I can't "log in to my account" because I'm bundled with my phone company (knocks $5 a month off the bill)

thanks

I have top 250 with Gold HD. What are Platinum channels in this tier so I can see if I'm getting (or missing) them.

I can't "log in to my account" because I'm bundled with my phone company (knocks $5 a month off the bill)

thanks

Look at my 2 earlier posts to this thread as they indicate the channels in the Platinum Pkg that I lost when I cancelled that Pkg, i.e. MAVTV, UNIHD, HDNMV, etc.

Cool. I was actually able to add the Platinum from the web login. I know that sounds like.... so what .... but as a bundled subscriber we've never been able to do that before. We've never even seen the account online as most people have.

Cool. I was actually able to add the Platinum from the web login. I know that sounds like.... so what .... but as a bundled subscriber we've never been able to do that before. We've never even seen the account online as most people have.

I don't know when E* allowed programming changes on-line but it hasn't always been that way.

Lucky you. I've never been able to do anything online, not even check my bill. I'm an ex-AT&T customer and this is all I get:

Attachments

• DishLogin.jpg
    DishLogin.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 142
Lucky you. I've never been able to do anything online, not even check my bill. I'm an ex-AT&T customer and this is all I get:

Randall,

I went to sling.dish.com as I had set up remote access previously. I got redirected and ended up at a login screen. I clicked on the link to create a new account ( or "register" or something). I used the same login I had for the remote access that I set up a long time ago, but the key here was that it no longer asked me for just the Dish account#. It gave me a choice of entering the R00 number instead. That's what got me in.

OH! I still can't check my bill this way. For that I have to log in to my local telephone company account to see the Dish bill.

I contacted the CEO office, they deleted my account and asked me to create a new one. I did but still get the same options which is pretty much nothing (Account profile, Dish Remote Access). Oh well, I'll just keep calling the 800 number just to check and pay my bill.