Gold HD vs. Platinum HD??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I remember rightly this extends your contract with Dish. That is one of the reasons that I did not jump on it. I have no contract and do not want one.
Gerry

Yeah, that's my concern as well. I also currently have AT250, Gold HD and HBO counting as premiums for something like $33. Don't wanna lose that discounted pkg. deal either..........

Ed

I could not get free Platinum HD via chat. Here is a transcript of my chat with the CSR, from an older post:

(23-12-3) Lori N.: I will be happy to remove the Platinum package from your account. You will lose Crime & Investigation, HDNet Movies, MGM, NBA TV, NHL Network, Universal, world Fishing Network, Fashion TV, FX HD, BET JAzz, MAV TV, LOGO HD
BuddyBoy: I don't want to have the package removed, my understanding is that I can continue to receive those channels but have the $10/month charge removed permanently.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I do apologize that is incorrect.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: The only way to remove the charge is to remove the package, then you will no longer receive those channels.
BuddyBoy: My understanding is that if I drop the package completely via dishnetwork.com, I can add Gold+Platinum for $10/month. If that is true, why can't you make the change?
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I am sorry, there is a new customer promotion that includes the Platinum with the HD package.
The agent is sending you to HDTV - High Definition Programming Options.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: You will see at the bottom of that page the disclosure that is only available for new customers.
BuddyBoy: If I were to drop all HD right now, what would my options be for adding HD to my account?
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I don't understand what you mean?
(23-12-3) Lori N.: Why would you remove that if you wanted it?
BuddyBoy: I have read reports on satelliteguys.us that there is no longer a charge for platinum HD, that you can get the channels in Gold+Platinum for just the price of Gold HD. This is for existing customers.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I am sorry we do not honor as valid any information that is not on the official website.
BuddyBoy: I am trying to figure out how I can get the $10/month charge removed from my account, because many people have called in and been able to do that.
(23-12-3) Lori N.: I am sorry for misleading information.
The agent is sending you to Satellite Television - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.
BuddyBoy: Ok, thanks.

I went online, removed all HD, right before confirming hit "Back", added Gold+Platinum for $10, also got the free HBO and Showtime promotion (I already had AEP), and my bill dropped $30/month.

Interesting! A lot of us got the $10 charge for Platinum removed via chat, with no questions asked, and with apologies. It seems they don't want to make so easy, anymore.

However, you have found the other way that people on this board have reported you can get the $10 Platinum removed. Great!

However, how many people are going to go as far as you or any of us have? This $10 charge only if we do nothing is not a completely ethical way for Dish to handle this. It is not a package; it is a policy. Yes, it is supposed to be for new customers, but what Dish has demonstrated was a "not really" practice because they will permit the removal of the charge, in all cases, if you demand it or do the drop package, then add package workaround or work hard enough to get it rather than losing your business in a customer huff. Dish needs to handle the $10 Platinum fee HONESTLY by removing the Platinum charge on all accounts that they would if we had to work for it, or allow the no Platinum charge only for new customers and lose a lot of the what they gained this last quarter and the churn rate soar.

What can i do if anything for my bill it seems i am paying more than others my statement went up compared to the website?

Nov 21 - Dec 20 Classic Silver 200 With DVR $57.99
Classic Gold 250 $10.00
GoldHD $10.00
PlatinumHD $10.00
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) $5.99
Oct 29 DVR Package Credit - Adjustment -$3.00
Nov 06 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) $1.08

Total $92.06 that seems like a bit more i used to pay $79 when i first signed on this account in january 09 they are milking me dry i may eventually just scrap pay tv the 3 hour loops are killing it for me.

What can i do if anything for my bill it seems i am paying more than others my statement went up compared to the website?

Nov 21 - Dec 20 Classic Silver 200 With DVR $57.99
Classic Gold 250 $10.00
GoldHD $10.00
PlatinumHD $10.00
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) $5.99
Oct 29 DVR Package Credit - Adjustment -$3.00
Nov 06 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) $1.08

Total $92.06 that seems like a bit more i used to pay $79 when i first signed on this account in january 09 they are milking me dry i may eventually just scrap pay tv the 3 hour loops are killing it for me.

Did you try the method at the end of post #16?

Here's how it went for me tonight:

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: Hi Gordon! How are you doing today?
Gordon: Good thank you
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: You're very welcome.
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: For account security purposes, can I please verify the full name and address with zip code that is on the account?
Gordon : Gordon **** 31 **** Rd ********** NY *****
Gordon : I understand that many people are not paying for Platinum HD (that it actually doesn't exist anymore) and that they are getting the same channels for $10 less than what I am paying. I am a long time customer and would like an adjustment on my pricing.
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: I apologize for any inconvenience.
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: I have offered Platinum HD free for you and the bill will reduce less $10 a month.
Gordon: Well thank you very much
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: You're very welcome.
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
Gordon: Yes you have and have a wonderful evening
(03) Anna Mary F. UXN: Thank you.

painless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts