AT A GLANCE
Plus
Sleek tower design
Huge soundstage!
HVFR planar magnetic folded ribbon tweeter
Minus
Black is the only finish

THE VERDICT
At less than $2,000 per pair, the Triton continues the GoldenEar value tradition with superb sonics at an attainable price.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/goldenear-technology-triton-five-loudspeaker-review

I auditioned them while I was looking. Of all the speakers I listened to, GoldenEar were my least favorites. Yuck!

S~

A pair of 6" woofers and rely on 4 8" passive radiator to provide low extension. Let's say I would be skeptical. I am relatively happy with my older Klipsch KG4 speakers, which have an 8" woofer and 10" passive radiator, but I sometimes browse older Cornwall's or Heresy's because a large active woofer sounds smoother and more balanced.

Same thing I saw with Def Technology designs. They love the passive radiators, small cabinets and small midrange drivers. None of which I have found to work and they had no bite at all. The Klipsch Ref II line kills em.

I want large midrange drivers on the fronts and center, and I want volume and generally ports. Sure, not everyone wants a large speaker, but I dont mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)