SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
goldenear-forcefield-5-subwoofer-fig1.jpg

goldenear-forcefield-5-subwoofer-fig5-lg.jpg

goldenear-forcefield-5-subwoofer-fig6-lg.jpg

Conclusions about the GoldenEar ForceField 5 Subwoofer

In summation, the GoldenEar ForceField 5 is an impressive little subwoofer indeed. It “checks off” many of the right requirements for a desirable bottom end addition to a home theater or music system. It combines an attractive design, solid construction, powerful amplification, a substantial driver and GoldenEar’s penchant for passive radiators to a wildly successful effect. More than just the sum of its parts, these features in conjunction with some smart design and intelligent engineering result in a subwoofer that is musical, potent and wonderfully flexible in terms of placement. For most applications and rooms, one of these subwoofers would be beyond sufficient. However, in my humble opinion, their modest size just begs the ForceField 5s to be used in multiples. Good God, imagine one in each corner of your room.......but I digress! The smoothness of bass you’ll achieve through all the seating positions and the buckets of headroom you’ll have available, using multiples, is a very, very addicting experience. For movies, the ForceField 5 has you more than covered for every explosion, spaceship fly-by, ground assault and giant robot Watusi that you can possibly throw at it. For music it excels at deep, clean, pitch-correct bass with plenty of detail that is a joy to listen to over extended periods. I highly recommend that anyone in the market for a subwoofer, give the ForceField 5 a listen. It may just change your mind, when it comes to bass, from thinking bigger to thinking smarter.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/subw.../goldenear-forcefield-5-subwoofer-review.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)