golf channel HD 401??

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I just purchased an HD TV for my brother who has Dish Network America 200 (I think) Any way I got it hooked up and all the HD seems to work with the exception of channel 401 Golf Channel. The Channel line up card says its a HD channel but using the dish interactive guide it does not show it as HD. Someone told me that some channels including the golf channels are not always in HD.
Im a bit confused....
I have U Verse so I can not compare apples to apples.
I just want to make sure he gets what he pays for.
Thanks
Lenny

The Golf channel is in that package, it is in HD on Dish. Whoever the someone is told you wrong info. Only the RSN's (that show your baseball or basketball etc..) are not always in HD. Otherwise if Dish lists a channel in HD it always is. The programming on it may not be, but that has nothing to do with Dish.
Are you saying he is getting the Golf channel in SD? Because you are not even sure what package he has a definite answer is hard to give you as to why no HD for Golf.. If he's getting the SD version I need more information.

Some channels, including the HD Golf Channel are not always showing HD content.

Its the Golf Channel #401, He has America Top 200. The printed PDF version of the guide that I downloaded from there web site says HD, But the guide on the TV does not list it as HD.

Even my older guide I have on my computer shows the Golf channel in HD for the top200 package. You weren't sure in your first post it was top200, is that in fact the package? Any other channels missing in HD that the card shows?

I called him, he does have America 200. Im not sure about other channels. I just talked to him, he just switched to CBS becouse CBS is now covering the PGA this afternoon and the Golf Channel is not covering it any more. CBS is in HD for sure. I just dont under stand why the printed card says HD but on the interactive guide on the TV show (Golf Channel 410) Other Channels will show (HD, Channel name, channel #)
Thanks again

Its the Golf Channel #401, He has America Top 200. The printed PDF version of the guide that I downloaded from there web site says HD, But the guide on the TV does not list it as HD.

I have AT200 and I'm watching 401 HD right now....but only for this purpose.;)

Okay, just called him. His Sats are 77, 72, and 61.5 None of them have a red x. He also told me the only way he can bring up channel 401 on the guide is to make sure its set for all channels. If he sets it to My HD Channels it does not list channel 401.
Thanks again

Okay, just called him. His Sats are 77, 72, and 61.5 None of them have a red x. He also told me the only way he can bring up channel 401 on the guide is to make sure its set for all channels. If he sets it to My HD Channels it does not list channel 401.
Thanks again
Does it show HD 401 in the All Channels list or just 401?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)