Golf Discussions

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
With CBS heavily advertising the 2013 Masters and Tiger Woods leading The Farmers Classic after the 2nd round, it's time to discuss the 2013 golf season. I found an excellent golf forum over at The Sand Trap: 2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torry Pines, Qatar Masters, The Tiger is trying to get Elin back thread, Phil Michelson paying 62% taxes in California, 2013 Masters, Rory McIlroy and more.

2013 should be another excellent year for golf; a real transition year for the old guard (Tiger and Phil) and the new guard (McIlroy and others).

The last thing the PGA needs to do is market Woods more. Watching one guy, especially a guy with a robotic non-personality, lap the field is not interesting. Golf has really been in a resurgance the last few years as different people have come forward to offer up what they can do.

The last thing the PGA needs to do is market Woods more. Watching one guy, especially a guy with a robotic non-personality, lap the field is not interesting. Golf has really been in a resurgance the last few years as different people have come forward to offer up what they can do.

Agreed. Not to mention that Tiger has pretty much been a non-factor in the majors the past few years. No wins in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Of course, will golf see him wear another green jacket or hoist a majors trophy above his head? That's a pretty compelling story. However, one can argue that Woods' best days are behind him and it won't be easy to win with all the great young players, both foreign and domestic. Meanwhile, will Phil Mickelson be a factor and will we see another epic battle between him and Tiger Woods? Well, I hate to admit it but Phil is looking 40+ and I don't think we'll see another Phil vs. Tiger face off.

Thats one reason I quit watching. I got tired of the constant pushing of tiger woods coverage whether he was in contention or not. I just started watching again towards the end of last season.

Sent from my blazing fast galaxy s3 using SatelliteGuys

glad to see tiger playing well. i couldn't care less about the guy on a personal level, he just entertains me when he plays this good. he'll probably find a way to blow it again ;)

Tiger is still better than most of the field. He just had personal issues that got to his head and he wasn't concentrating on golf as much as he was before.
He is leading by 6 I think in this tournament so barring a total collapse he will probably win.

Meanwhile, will Phil Mickelson be a factor and will we see another epic battle between him and Tiger Woods? Well, I hate to admit it but Phil is looking 40+ and I don't think we'll see another Phil vs. Tiger face off.

Phil has had no controversy, not major issues and in a time where Tiger was a non-factor... Phil has shown that his game has gotten worse as now Tiger has gotten better.

Where is his excuse? Where is all the outcry of how HIS game is gone down hill? Yep. No where to be found....

glad to see tiger playing well. i couldn't care less about the guy on a personal level, he just entertains me when he plays this good. he'll probably find a way to blow it again ;)

Agreed...to a certain point. Now he can have all the hoes' he wants...and no one can make an stupid issue about how good or bad a husband he is.

Tiger is still better than most of the field. He just had personal issues that got to his head and he wasn't concentrating on golf as much as he was before.
He is leading by 6 I think in this tournament so barring a total collapse he will probably win.

And then party with some trampy chick from the local Hooters and no one will give a damn... LOL!

When you go to ESPN.com they have the Gold Leaderboard posted for today's 4th round finishing at Torrey Pines. Gee, why don't they do this when someone other than Tiger Woods is leading? A good topic of discussion in the sand trap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)