GolTV/Fortec annoying glitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adwan001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
St. Paul, MN
I receive GolTV via my old Dishnetwork dish which is hooked up to a switch with the main Fortec 90cm dish with Universal LNB. Both dishes are controlled by a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver.

Every time I change the channel to GolTV I cannot see it unless I press on menu and go to Antenna Setting to view the sats list where Echo 6,8 appears and shows me the signal strength in the upper 80s usually. I do nothing to change settings, all I do is see the green bar then press exit to get out of the settings menu and return to GolTV channel which then appears just fine.
When I change to another channel and try to go back to GolTV it does the same annoying thing and I have go back and do the menu trick.
Has anyone experienced this before? Is it the swich or the receiver or what??
It would be great to get rid of that annoying glitch!!

(DiSEqC switch?).

Try swapping the ports?
Since its a Universal the 22KHz tone to the LNBF may be the problem.

Thanks for the input Pete. In fact, I didn't try switching ports yet. By the way, the signal from the FTA Ku universal LINB goes through port A on the swich while the Dish Network LINB goes through port # 4. Not sure if that makes any difference.
However, the interesting thing is that this problem only happens when I choose tune in to GolTV through the favorite list that I saved. But when I choose it through satellite list it works fine. I know it sounds weird but that's what happens.
I am starting to think it's the reciver's software!!! Does deleting and recreating favorite lists make any difference??

favorites shouldnt make any difference.

Make sure in the menu setup you have it set for port 4. If you do decide to try a different port, MAKE SURE TO TURN THE UNIT OFF ON THE BACK WITH THE SWITCH SO NOT TO FRY ANYTHING :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)