GOLTV on G10R/KU ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
I've been playing around for a couple of days loading new channels and things have been going OK and then today I hit a snag. While trying to setup G10 at 123 I loaded 2 latin GOLTV channels and nothing else that was FTA on this Sat. and they were at freq, 12339 and according to Lyngsat they stop at 12180.....this sounds like it could be 110 but they don't have that freq either. Am I missing something here. Some input would be greatly appreciated here ....Thanks, MK

:confused: :confused:

You are pointed at Echostar 8, at 110.. Even tho that is Circular, you will still pick it up, although at half strength..

They have GOL TV at 12341.. just your blindscan found it 2 mhz off. http://www.lyngsat.com/echo8.html

Keep on moving west, your not there yet ;)

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :wave

Depends on what kind of LNB you are using? Are you using a......

DBS 11250 L.O.

Or a KU Standard 10750 / Universal 9750-10600 L.O.

GOL TV is only on 110w FTA.

fantastic channel! :yes

Thanks for the info....I believe my LNB is a universal ku linear. I'll keep trying and let you know. I actually have done a ton of reading since I joined the site and I am trying get back to real testing if you know what I mean. FTA is making this fun again.........Cheers

I also was able to get this with an 18" dish with a standard LNB rigged onto it. I don't have long term data to say how stable it is.

ultatryon said:
You are pointed at Echostar 8, at 110.. Even tho that is Circular, you will still pick it up, although at half strength..

They have GOL TV at 12341.. just your blindscan found it 2 mhz off. http://www.lyngsat.com/echo8.html

Keep on moving west, your not there yet ;)

mk279 said:
Thanks for the info....I believe my LNB is a universal ku linear. I'll keep trying and let you know. I actually have done a ton of reading since I joined the site and I am trying get back to real testing if you know what I mean. FTA is making this fun again.........Cheers

If by "testing" you mean hacking.. then take it elsewhere, we do not allow hack-talk here.

If not, then I appologize, and I am sure you will find TRUE FTA a fun and rewarding hobby.

No...I'm talking true FTA .......... one of the things I enjoyed in the old C Band days was finding the wild feeds for hockey...basketball ...baseball without the commercials and the announcers miked up and talking during commercial breaks and some of the things you would hear. I hope I can find things like that here !!!

:yes :yes

mk279 said:
No...I'm talking true FTA .......... one of the things I enjoyed in the old C Band days was finding the wild feeds for hockey...basketball ...baseball without the commercials and the announcers miked up and talking during commercial breaks and some of the things you would hear. I hope I can find things like that here !!!

:yes :yes

the backhauls for hockey are the main reason I got into FTA :)

I'm guessing in able to get the wild feeds that you would actually have to create that transponders channel into your receivers memory.....but if there is no signal to scan , how do you program that channel. Do you just do a blind search on a satellite at around 7 pm when most sports are on and hope you hit something or are there already predetermined sats and transponders . Thanks for the info... MK

:)

mk279 said:
I'm guessing in able to get the wild feeds that you would actually have to create that transponders channel into your receivers memory.....but if there is no signal to scan , how do you program that channel. Do you just do a blind search on a satellite at around 7 pm when most sports are on and hope you hit something or are there already predetermined sats and transponders . Thanks for the info... MK

:)

both

For college hockey, I knew that the following were always at the same spots
North Dakota (Fighting Sioux Sports Network)
MN road games on FSN
WI home games on FSN
UMD road games on WDIO

otherwise, about 5:45 Central I'd scan SBS6 and AMC9 for feeds...did the same around 6:45 for the 7 Central games

There is a site at www.uscho.com that has a compiled list of games on TV, and I usually could figure if the feeds would be on or not

I guess we'll have to wait 'til next hockey season then.......what about NHL (if they ever get back) Since my team moved to Phoenix , I've kind of adopted the Minnesota Wild as my home team.

mk279 said:
I guess we'll have to wait 'til next hockey season then.......what about NHL (if they ever get back) Since my team moved to Phoenix , I've kind of adopted the Minnesota Wild as my home team.

Usually not. I'm assuming you were a Jets fan? :)

The Xcel Center (where the Wild play) there is a fibre feed from the arena to FSN's station, so the home games won't be on backhaul unless there is a road feed. I don't remember seeing abny games (mainly due to NHL Center Ice package)

Was..................now we have the AHL Moose that used to be the Minnesota Moose...........they are in round 2 against the Rochester Amerks

I guess I've gotten off topic here ......The ? is ....What is the best search to use.......power scan or transponder search.

A follow up to that last ? .......When doing a Power Scan , will the receiver pick up all the transponders on XXX sat or just the ones that you don't have ???? Thanks, MK

:confused:

With the Fortec Lifetime Ultra it only add's the new finds : )

it will scan and find all new frequencies, but Pete is right. It will add the unknown at the end of the list

Back to the orignal ? in this post....I now have GOLTV on the proper Trans and Sat.....but the are both in latin.......How do I change the audio from 4131 to 4132 ??? The first one is suppose to be an english language feed is it not ??? thanks, MK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts