GOLTV on G10R/KU ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Iceberg.................I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and all I had to do was click the audio button and I had the 2 choices. I was looking to enter audio frequencies in the setup menus. This was much easier........Thanks again, MK

:D :D

I just discovered this "FAT" stuff today on this site, never heard of it before, though I know my father in law gets free satellite in France, HD too I think. Can anyone orient me to a good source of information so I can get up to speed? I am interested in getting GOLTV myself. I have a DISH500 and a VOOM dish installed, can I just hook up a receiver to the DISH and start getting GOLTV? What would be the cheapest way to do this?

Check out the below link..........

You will need at least a 30" dish, a DVB receiver, and a KU LNBF.

If you are ONLY interested in GolTV then an 18" dish and Dish/DirecTV LNB will be all thats needed. (plus the DVB receiver of course)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=26237

The Cheapest way to get it is to wait a few weeks, the bottom is just about to fall out the FTA receiver market :D

More Help Needed

Is the Dish500 LNB of the KU type? Will it say it on the device?

I would like to make use of this dish to start, upgrade later. I am guessing all I need to do is purchase one of the receivers from lets say ftacenter.com? My old Dishnetwork receiver won't work?

Why are the units going to get cheap soon?

smata67 said:
Is the Dish500 LNB of the KU type? Will it say it on the device?
it will only get you a few channels, like Gol & NASA
I would like to make use of this dish to start, upgrade later. I am guessing all I need to do is purchase one of the receivers from lets say ftacenter.com? My old Dishnetwork receiver won't work?
correct
Why are the units going to get cheap soon?
A lot of the receivers have the capability of being downloaded with illegal software to get the Dish Network and ExpressVu channels. How to do that is something that is not allowed here, as it would violate then “no hack talk” policy

ExpressVu & Dish is in the process of going to a new encryption system, which when complete (very soon I hear), will make the boxes only good for what they were intended for, and that is free to air. You will see hackers selling off their units for cheap because they will be useless to them. Since most receivers can be reloaded with the factory software, we can still use them for legal free to air.

Iceberg, waiting for the coolsat to drop in price. That will be a nice unit to have. Currently running my fortec ultra which I picked up pretty cheap.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cannot find any chanels

Newbie question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)