Newbie question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

henzio

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Hi,
I'm new here, and first i would like to congratulate you for your site,i've been in a lot of places and this site is the one that has so much information on FTA.
I would like to install an Fta system to get RTPI, for the receiver i was thinking of buying a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, for the dish i would need some help on what to get.
Also, for my receiver that i will get does it come already programmed to get RTPI or do i have to pay somebody to program the chanel ?
Thank You

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum, thanks for the kind words :)

Once you find the AMC-4 satellite you can do a blind scan, to find RTPI.
The AMC-4 satellite is at 101w, so you may be able to use a DirecTV receiver and LNB to find the satellite, switch to a KU LNBF and you are done.

I would recommend a 31" dish (or bigger) depending on where you are in the country.

welcome :wave

for the dish i would need some help on what to get.
depending on your location, a minimum of 30" (76cm) is required. You might need a 36" (90cm) for optimal siganl. Also a KU band LNB is needed
Also, for my receiver that i will get does it come already programmed to get RTPI or do i have to pay somebody to program the chanel ?

well, it depends.

Most receievrs have some frequencies in it, so it might be in there. You can add the frequency if you'd like or use the feature called "Smart Scan (blind scan, power scan). This will scan for the frequency and put it in.

RTPi is at 12169 frequency Horizontal polarity 3003 for symbol rate

henzio said:
Thank You

Uh? First off let me welcome you here, but do you REALLY meant "hire someone to help you" as opposed to "programming an illegal receiver". Just let us know what you mean.

Charper
chill man... :)

RTPI is a FTA channel. The OP waqs worried that if it wasn't pre-programmed in the box that he would have to pay someone to add it, when a blind scan is all he needs to do

I never knew you could speak Spanish Iceberg.....very impressive : )

I can say one thing in spanish- "Me no hablo espanol!"

... which is a pretty stupid thing to able to say in Spanish, if you think about it.
Maybe I'll go learn how to sign "I do not speak sign language" next...

;)

Wow

Guys,
that's amazing, all those quick replies.
By the way i'm in Montreal Canada.
If i understood correctly, the Fortec receiver is a go, for the dish i will need to get a 31" or bigger with a ku band LNB.
Are all ku band lnb's the same ?
Thanks

Not all KU LNB's are the same....the more you spend the better they get. There are two main kinds.......

Standard and Universal. I use an Invacom Universal LNBF. It works great, I am now able to pick up VERY weak signals I have never got before!

As Iceberg said below the bigger the dish the better......if you can, a one meter dish will work great for you being so far north.

henzio

you might want to talk with kusat. They are based in Montreal and work with FTA stuff.

You might be better with a 90cm dish

Their number is (514) 276-7997 or 866-27KUSAT

The LNB's just have to be KU band to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)