Good Books

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A week might be tough, but it is doable if you have lots of time. You have to let yourself get immersed in the story and you will love it.

Dear Guys,
I would like to share the two good books that you people should read once the names of those are as follows

The Malazan Book of the Fallen
Swiss Family Robinson

Just read Stephen King's The Colorado Kid. Eh... not impressed, and can't figure out how it is the "inspiration" for Haven

Currently listening to Jim Butcher's Gravel Peril, and reading Lev Grossman's The Magicians

rockymtnhigh said:
Just read Stephen King's The Colorado Kid. Eh... not impressed, and can't figure out how it is the "inspiration" for Haven

Currently listening to Jim Butcher's Gravel Peril, and reading Lev Grossman's The Magicians

I really enjoy Jim Butcher's Dresden series novels. That series just seems to get better and better with each book.

I wish I could say the same about Lev Grossman's The Magicians. I picked it and the sequel up based on a friend's recommendation. And while the book started off well, it really ended up bothering me. At some point, I lost all sympathy for the main character and the plot became a nonsensical mess (IMHO). I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

I've been reading The Blossom Street series by Deb Macomber. My mom got us into knitting and this is a fictional series about a woman who opens a yarn store. It's pretty good.

I just started Now You See Her by Patterson. I need to hurry up or it's going to be overdue at the library soon.

I really enjoy Jim Butcher's Dresden series novels. That series just seems to get better and better with each book.

I wish I could say the same about Lev Grossman's The Magicians. I picked it and the sequel up based on a friend's recommendation. And while the book started off well, it really ended up bothering me. At some point, I lost all sympathy for the main character and the plot became a nonsensical mess (IMHO). I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

I am already struggling with Grossman; the first half seems like a cheapskate of Harry Potter, but without any meaningful sense of a bad-guy. I actually put the book down, and picked up another Dresden book. :)

Currently reading "Brave Men" by Ernie Pyle, a collection of his columns written among the men during WWII. More about the doings of ordinary men than of bigger than life heroes, but extremely heroic nonetheless. Riveting stuff.

Recently finished reading Zelazny's Amber series. Always liked his writing.

I'm reading McMurtry's Berrybender narratives right now, a 4 novella series. Next up is Hunger Games. Already on my Kindle....

Been knee deep in the Hunger Games trilogy! So addicting, I can't put them down!

That is the hardest trilogy to put down, HD. Seriously. If I start, I don't want to stop. I've read it three times, going on four. I'm at the end of the second book. I bought the trilogy on my kindle and it consumes my attention every time I pick it up. I have other books waiting to be read, but I just can't stop. I'm looking forward to the movie.

I just read Darth Plagious and it is really the best Star Wars book I have ever read. It really makes you understand the events of The Phantom Menace better.

That is the hardest trilogy to put down, HD. Seriously. If I start, I don't want to stop. I've read it three times, going on four. I'm at the end of the second book. I bought the trilogy on my kindle and it consumes my attention every time I pick it up. I have other books waiting to be read, but I just can't stop. I'm looking forward to the movie.

I know, right?! I can't wait until the movie comes out!

11 years after Rocky had good words about The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly I am finally reading it. He’s right, it is good stuff!

Re-reading Entering the Passion of Jesus by Amy Jill Levine,

Read it last year, it has some good insights, and comments I had never read before on that story.

Levine is a Jewish professor of religion at a University, and provides a refreshing different perspective on an old story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)