Good bye D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

palese

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
Well I guess D* has all the customers they need, I wanted to upgrade to the HD DVR and had a 108.00 dollar credit that I asked to apply to the cost. Well I already excepted the fact that the upgrade would commit me to two years but now I am told I need to put the purchase on a credit card. NO THANKS
So I told the CSR I want to quit the D* service and she transfered me to another dept and a new CSR asked if I wanted to stop service and I said yes and she said no problem, hell she did not even ask the reason why.

Back to Charter

I guess you showed them. I bet they will be talking about you in the next D* Board meeting. how are we going to get him back? We must do something or the whole company is going to fold.

I'm not going to lend legitimacy to the 2nd post ( :trolls: ) but I may be leaving if Comcast gets the NHL and puts hockey games on INHD. I know hockey fans are a minority but since Voom went belly-up DirTV has turned its back on HD customers while wooing immigrants. Nothing against para-todos, Phoenix, or Phillipino viewers just a statement of fact. If the NHL goes to INHD I guess I'll deal with bad PQ on analog cable to get the HD offerings. DirecTV has made their business decision to put HD on the back burner and concentrate on adding SD channels.

It's just the way it is. HDLIL makes no difference to me, just national HD channels and NHL HD.

srjewettlaw said:
I guess you showed them. I bet they will be talking about you in the next D* Board meeting. how are we going to get him back? We must do something or the whole company is going to fold.

Im not trying to show anyone up, just pointing out that D* didnt care enough to ask why I was stopping the service.

Do the math idiot, for everyone who walks away that's loss revenue and I do not think D* is in this game to push subscribers away or at least I would hope not.

And yes you are a troll

palese said:
Im not trying to show anyone up, just pointing out that D* didnt care enough to ask why I was stopping the service.

Do the math idiot, for everyone who walks away that's loss revenue and I do not think D* is in this game to push subscribers away or at least I would hope not.

And yes you are a troll

A major troll...how sickening..

srjewettlaw said:

I dropped D* also(have 97 cents credit). I do find your post....well, never mind. Got a call yesterday about getting D* back........no more HD than what I had in June...& still wanted $10.99 for the HD pac......the lady did say though, she'ld call me when I'm up for the Mpeg4 upgrade.I ask if she planned to be there for 2 years.......she got silent, very silent......

Barney

Well, since we're keeping track here, I'm doing something I never thought I'd do -- am ditching D* on the 18th when my CATV is installed. 20 HD channels is better than what D* will be offering for some time. Yet another customer lost to cable HD offerings.

I believe the HD DVR upgrade is $649 these days... - D* is not allowing the option to add this massive charge to your account or the option of installments - An installment plan via billing is only avail in MASS & PENN due to law - look at it in D* perspective the original HD DVR order was $999 - Since AUG they have discounted the HDDVR significantly - D* does not make $$ on equipment purchases - that is right the order does come with a 2 year commitment - Unfortunately for w/e reason you must have the charge added to the bill - D* is not willing to take this risk as they will have to allow this for all customers - D* main purpose to reduce risk & invest in you as a customer - all D* customers are valued - and any Retention agent who DISC an account w/out trying to retain a cust is scored an automatic 0 on quality - so it appears the agent called your bluff... this person should have tried to retain you, but it sounds like you got what you were asking for - The HD DVR w/tivo is a one of kind product you won't find anywhere else - Any Cable companies DVR is going to be an awful imitation - I don't understand why Comcast is announcing an HD DVR when they haven't worked out all the bugs in their DVR - that thing is a piece of garbage - my advice to you would be to swallow your pride and buy the HD DVR via credit card - you can request an account refund if the credit is more than 2 months of svc on your account - but unfortunately no one @ D* is going to be able to change the rules simply because you want to cancel your account - if you enjoy your D* system and would like the HD DVR cancelling your account is going really far to get what you want - I nearly made the same mistake w/XM radio

I think there are some very good prices here at value electronics I think Robert can help with your dvr if that is the way you want to go.

Comments from individuals like this is what keeps me employed, being a teacher, I can print up this comment and teach my class how not to be and I am also able to show my class that people like this really do exist! Thanks srjewettlaw, you have helped me to teach my class about ignorance!

My local cable company (HickTown Cable) doesn't even offer HD. If they had a pack of around 10 HD channels or more (not including locals) I'd leave D* faster than Takeru Kobayashi can eat a hot dog. :hungry:

Once sunday ticket is over, I will more than likely be dropping D* for E*. E* at this point in time, has the most compelling HD content, AND a good outlook for the future with HD channels.

I just Dopped D over the sunday ticker HD tax. Signed up with comcast last night. I made it VERY CLEAR to them that the HD tax is why i quit. THey didn't even try to collect an early termination fee!

E* sucks... have fun with em.... their guide sux, the service sux, and the Voom channels MAJOR suck...

fkostyn said:
Once sunday ticket is over, I will more than likely be dropping D* for E*. E* at this point in time, has the most compelling HD content, AND a good outlook for the future with HD channels.

Being a D* customer for....well since the begining when the first box cost me $700 I have seen the ups and downs of D*. I too am not happy with the HD lite and the lack of HD channels especially TNT and ESPN 2 but......THe Sunday Ticket keeps me loyal and if you haven't noticed, over in the E* forums you think they are not complaining over there. They seem to have more hardware/software problems, HD lite, and they don't even get to complain about the ST pricing. By the way, I have noticed just in the last couple of days, ESPN PQ has gone up...baseball looking better than ever, the Phils Dodgers game on I think it was 95 last night, beautiful! So go back to cable, go to dish and soon you will probably remember why you came over to D* in the first place

Why Im not on cable or with E*

Local Cable... 8 HD channels... no locals... NO DVR... price double of D*... 512k is the fastest internet... in other words about 8 years behind.

E*... Oh lord... equipment problems... basic receivers worked great... but their DVR's and HD boxes failed every day for me... if E* called me and said well give you free equipment, free service, and no cotract for life to come back... i wouldnt put up with it...

I think Scott said it best... D* Customers are too busy watching tv to post here.. and E* customers are too busy trying to watch tv that they have to come here to fix problems.

Right Now D* is the only economical alternative for me... now if my local cable dropped the price, increased speed on net, and got more HD including a DVR... ide be gone very fast... but it wont happen... god id elike to be rid of my expensive DSL

>>>Local Cable... 8 HD channels... no locals... NO DVR... price double of D*... 512k is the fastest internet... in other words about 8 years behind.<<<

My cable company is giving me an HD DVR (with less features than the Tivo-DirecTV HDDVR, but still, no initial equipment outlay) at the same price as the normal STB, and my bill will be about $5 cheaper overall than what I'm paying for D*. I had their internet service up until last year when it was cheaper for me to switch to DSL for the same speed ($50 for 3000K down, vs. $30 for DSL, I get about 650K up usually).

>>>I think Scott said it best... D* Customers are too busy watching tv to post here.. and E* customers are too busy trying to watch tv that they have to come here to fix problems.<<<

That's why I'm complaining in a DirecTV forum? Hey, I LOVE my D*, but for the same monthly fee, no initial equipment costs and MORE HD? It's a no-brainer.

>>>Right Now D* is the only economical alternative for me... now if my local cable dropped the price, increased speed on net, and got more HD including a DVR... ide be gone very fast... but it wont happen... god id elike to be rid of my expensive DSL<<<

Your local cable company must be way behind the curve.

I was with Time Warner and I have to agree that the DVR boxes are problematic not just for the DVR portion but for the INDemand portion. Had nothing but glitching and long pauses when trying to watch my favorite movie. (InDemand HD movies were scarce too) I move back to D* because I am in the first market to recieve Locals (only two out of four waivers for me) I was tired of the hassles of the glitching and the analog PQ on channels under 100 which is where most of the programs I watched. Those channels on D* are better. OH and did I mention the price I was being charged for CABLE?? 49 bux for DIGITAL (HA AH) cable, 7 bux times 2 for 2 HD DVR's PLUS anoth 7 bux times 2 for DVR SERVICE!! (now who is laughing) oh and not to mention all the TAXES I was paying. My cable bill was WELL over 140 BUX... I was with D* from the beginiing as well =, I only left cause I could not get any local programming in HD where I am.. but now that it is coming soon I am back... and I am happy back at D*...

glowstickgorilla said:
I believe the HD DVR upgrade is $649 these days... - D* is not allowing the option to add this massive charge to your account or the option of installments - An installment plan via billing is only avail in MASS & PENN due to law - look at it in D* perspective the original HD DVR order was $999 - Since AUG they have discounted the HDDVR significantly - D* does not make $$ on equipment purchases - that is right the order does come with a 2 year commitment - Unfortunately for w/e reason you must have the charge added to the bill - D* is not willing to take this risk as they will have to allow this for all customers - D* main purpose to reduce risk & invest in you as a customer - all D* customers are valued - and any Retention agent who DISC an account w/out trying to retain a cust is scored an automatic 0 on quality - so it appears the agent called your bluff... this person should have tried to retain you, but it sounds like you got what you were asking for - The HD DVR w/tivo is a one of kind product you won't find anywhere else - Any Cable companies DVR is going to be an awful imitation - I don't understand why Comcast is announcing an HD DVR when they haven't worked out all the bugs in their DVR - that thing is a piece of garbage - my advice to you would be to swallow your pride and buy the HD DVR via credit card - you can request an account refund if the credit is more than 2 months of svc on your account - but unfortunately no one @ D* is going to be able to change the rules simply because you want to cancel your account - if you enjoy your D* system and would like the HD DVR cancelling your account is going really far to get what you want - I nearly made the same mistake w/XM radio

You make some great points but "The HD DVR w/tivo is a one of kind product" does not fly anymore to warrent its price point, if you have been following the battle in congress to bring digital and HDTV to the American homes then you understand. The requirement for broadcasters to meet the deadline or face serious fines for everyday they do not comply keeps getting pushed back.

The cost to the consumer to adapt to digital TV has been the issue and the TV industry is now answering back with sets people can afford to make the transition. As for HD, well that's takeing a back seat in congress as they feel we can live without it.

D* has no option other then to bring the price down on its HD DVR. Only the hardcore would pay 999.00 dollars for this unit when it came out and they were smart enough to know this and yes they make their money selling programs not hardware but as HDTV becomes more commom place D* will not reach the people with a 600.00 dollar receiver when cable will lease you one for under 9.00 a month.

There is good and bad with every service.

Hate to tell you this but they all suck. I've had E* HD, I've had Voom (LOL!), I've had D* HD and I'd try Comcast HD in my area but they too don't have much HD content. No one does. It sucks but what are ya gonna do???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts